No announcement yet.

best ways to train and condition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best ways to train and condition

I just started boxing and was wondering what's the best cardio and conditioning to enhance my performance

If I could only do one cardio thing it would be sets of 400m sprints with 1 minute rest in between.

Comment

well sprints are important. long distance running is also important. id say do some curcuit training too. that stuff is great. look at some stuff on ross training

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
        If I could only do one cardio thing it would be sets of 400m sprints with 1 minute rest in between.
        sprints is HIIT, which is anaerobic. running or LSD is aerobic.

its good to incorporate both in your work out for maximum result.

Comment

best ways to train... is train inside a moving train. Improves balance and movment coordination

Comment

personally, i don't think you'll ever get the maximum amount of work without a jump rope. I have gotten so that I carry mine around with me so whenever i am standing around a do a few rounds. plus, in between sets of jog/sprint intervals, I do rounds of the rope. i feel like I am in outstanding shape because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppa Montiel View Post
              best ways to train... is train inside a moving train. Improves balance and movment coordination
              you might be having a laugh but i practice my balance on the train on the way to work. I don't hold on to anything - just try to keep balance. it sounds easier than it is.

Comment

The right way to train for boxing article
                http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ss11.htm

Comment

Indoor Conditioning Options
                  http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/indooroptions.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                    you might be having a laugh but i practice my balance on the train on the way to work. I don't hold on to anything - just try to keep balance. it sounds easier than it is.
                    well there are no trains on my town but i do it on the bus or sometimes in the car with the sun-roof top

Comment

Working...
                    X