No announcement yet.

The Official Lavar Ball master thread!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Thats irrelevant. I know that he is "popular". Like the Kardashians are popular. Thats why they get the coverage they get. I know the Ball family is up next for a reality tv show too. But for people like me who dont get caught up in people's fame and would rather stick to whats relevant in sports, i have the right to expect better from media outlets. Its boring as hell to me.

For the record i dont dislike the guy, i love Lonzo's game, i think he is the next great passer in the NBA. I certainly dont care what they do marketingwise, they are well off already so they can afford to take chances. Somehow Im hoping that they are doing it so they can involve all 3 brothers because they know not all 3 will make it to the league.

Comment

Also got the slides for $200

****s dumb as ****. I don't care for this dude noneatall. He's all sorts of wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
        ****s dumb as ****. I don't care for this dude noneatall. He's all sorts of wrong.
        Who don't you like him?

Comment

Who don't you like him?
          Multiple reasons. Off top are, he's not letting his any of his children catch they shine. He's making us look horrid with his actions(reinforcing the worst stereotypes), he's exploiting us instead of helping to uplift us being that he has the platform. And he's twisting our natural thought patterns as its subliminally wrong for us to chastise our own for horrid actions (I personally don't feel that way. If you wrong Imma say you wrong).

If you feel that your folks are being taken advantage of by the "oppressors", you don't steal their moves and then one up them whilst targeting the same people (your own) as they are targeting.

I don't mind him being braggadocios, what male isn't? But doing the things I stated above are not tolerable IMHO.

And the most important fact that he's over-shadowing with his antics, is that he helped brake a long standing detrimental symptom of the Black-American's plight. The absence of the Father in the household. Which if you ask me is the root of our problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
            Multiple reasons. Off top are, he's not letting his any of his children catch they shine. He's making us look horrid with his actions(reinforcing the worst stereotypes), he's exploiting us instead of helping to uplift us being that he has the platform. And he's twisting our natural thought patterns as its subliminally wrong for us to chastise our own for horrid actions (I personally don't feel that way. If you wrong Imma say you wrong).

If you feel that your folks are being taken advantage of by the "oppressors", you don't steal their moves and then one up them whilst targeting the same people (your own) as they are targeting.

I don't mind him being braggadocios, what male isn't? But doing the things I stated above are not tolerable IMHO.

And the most important fact that he's over-shadowing with his antics, is that he helped brake a long standing detrimental symptom of the Black-American's plight. The absence of the Father in the household. Which if you ask me is the root of our problems.
            Would his children be as popular as they are now if it weren't for him? Lonzo is a good player and a first round draft pick. He isn't the best college player but he's the most known because of his father. His two kids in high school aren't the best players in high school but they're the most known because of their father. He came on the scene hyping his kid up. All he talks about is how great of players his kids are. His whole routine is to let the world know the Ball kids are the best out there and they're about to be a dynasty. The media wasn't letting his kids shine so he made sure his kids got shine.

What stereotypes are you talking about? Be very careful listening to what people say about him. Vitale said he's the worst thing he's seen in his 38 years at ESPN. This is the same Vitale that defended Pitino on the sex scandal at Louisville with he was doing culpable and Louisville is about to get sanctioned. Scandals have followed Pitino everywhere but Vitale think Lavar ball is worse than him. George Raeveling, Nike executive, said Ball is the worst thing to happen to basketball in 100 years. Think about that for a minute. Think about all the scandals I'm basketball the last 100 years.

Now think about what Ball is essentially trying to do. He's trying to take power from the corporations and put it in the hands of the players. Instead of sponsorship he wants part ownership. Like the guy said. People don't buy "Nike" they buy the "Jordan's" "LeBron's" "KD's" They're buying the likeness. They've sold their likeness. Ball is trying to leverage likeness into ownership instead of sponsorship. If these other players start thinking like Ball it's gonna change the power structure. This type of thinking is dangerous and a threat to those in power. That's why they're trying so hard to turn people against him. He has no criminal record so they can't bring out that old trick. He's educated so they can't say he's stupid. He's financially well off so they can't say he's using his kids to make money. That's why they're coming out with hyperbole like he's the worst thing to happen to basketball in 100 years.

If he has any success they're going to teach him a lesson and that lesson will be conveyed to others who might attempt to think like Ball. And that lesson will be "n*gga, know your place".

Comment

• Just another loud mouth racist hunk of shit selling an overpriced pair of ugly sneakers. Of course the afrocentric Sharptons are in support like usual. Let this happen with a loud mouth racist white guy and you'll see the double standards and hypocrisy.

Comment

Would his children be as popular as they are now if it weren't for him? Lonzo is a good player and a first round draft pick. He isn't the best college player but he's the most known because of his father. His two kids in high school aren't the best players in high school but they're the most known because of their father. He came on the scene hyping his kid up. All he talks about is how great of players his kids are. His whole routine is to let the world know the Ball kids are the best out there and they're about to be a dynasty. The media wasn't letting his kids shine so he made sure his kids got shine.

What stereotypes are you talking about? Be very careful listening to what people say about him. Vitale said he's the worst thing he's seen in his 38 years at ESPN. This is the same Vitale that defended Pitino on the sex scandal at Louisville with he was doing culpable and Louisville is about to get sanctioned. Scandals have followed Pitino everywhere but Vitale think Lavar ball is worse than him. George Raeveling, Nike executive, said Ball is the worst thing to happen to basketball in 100 years. Think about that for a minute. Think about all the scandals I'm basketball the last 100 years.

Now think about what Ball is essentially trying to do. He's trying to take power from the corporations and put it in the hands of the players. Instead of sponsorship he wants part ownership. Like the guy said. People don't buy "Nike" they buy the "Jordan's" "LeBron's" "KD's" They're buying the likeness. They've sold their likeness. Ball is trying to leverage likeness into ownership instead of sponsorship. If these other players start thinking like Ball it's gonna change the power structure. This type of thinking is dangerous and a threat to those in power. That's why they're trying so hard to turn people against him. He has no criminal record so they can't bring out that old trick. He's educated so they can't say he's stupid. He's financially well off so they can't say he's using his kids to make money. That's why they're coming out with hyperbole like he's the worst thing to happen to basketball in 100 years.

If he has any success they're going to teach him a lesson and that lesson will be conveyed to others who might attempt to think like Ball. And that lesson will be "n*gga, know your place".
                Good post, I don't agree with all of his antics but he's attempting to empower his family. Why is it okay for corporations like Nike to exploit blacks but it's a problem when LaVar does it? I don't understand that logic and nobody is forced to buy anything. He's trying to be a business man and obtain ownership. Guess what? Ownership is something we need more of in the black community.

Comment

If I could afford them I would've bought two pairs. I'll continue to support Lavar Ball and his kids
                  Then you're not supporting him. That's like me saying I support black owned restaurants on my Facebook posts but never patronizing one. How do you think those restaurants will do if all black people do is post ****s but don't spend the green.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                    Just another loud mouth racist hunk of shit selling an overpriced pair of ugly sneakers. Of course the afrocentric Sharptons are in support like usual. Let this happen with a loud mouth racist white guy and you'll see the double standards and hypocrisy.
                    The guy married a white woman and has white kids. Don't think he's a racist

Comment

• Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                      Then you're not supporting him. That's like me saying I support black owned restaurants on my Facebook posts but never patronizing one. How do you think those restaurants will do if all black people do is post ****s but don't spend the green.
                      Show me all your ticket stubs from the fights of the boxers you support. If you aren't attending their fights your aren't supporting them.

Are you a fool or do you just play one on boxingscene?

Comment

Working...
                      X