Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: The WBA Wants Deal, Gives Purse Bid Extension

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please make the fight! Boxing fans deserve this fight just make the deal. The purse bid will never happen as Jacobs deserves a better cut but damn it's a sweet payday for both fighters surely they want it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      ha wants more money, you ******

you say the dumbest ****

you are a Pacquiao fan, aren't you ?
      By that do you mean he had enough business sense to realize offering 40 mill on a fight that generated 600m wasn't a good deal?

Comment

• GGG Should Up Offer To Jacobs

GGG should just pre-empt Jacob's request and offer 70%-30% or no more 67.5%-32.5% split, both #s are more than fair. Even if Haymon wins a purse bid and wants to take it to Showtime, does Showtime have the budget to put the fight on this year. I thought they were pretty much done for the year bcuz their budget is pretty much gone. It is not like Jacob's has a huge fan base or an exclusive contract with Showtime so he can exert some leverage.

Also Haymon does not have the cash anymore to make winning the purse bid certain that is why there is absolutely 0 PBC fights scheduled for the rest of 2016. (check out the numerous articles out the last month regarding how PBC is circling the toilet bowl drain). So Haymon just does not have the clout anymore to make this fight happen in the PBC universe.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          another ****head who doesn't want the fight
          So those not wanting the fight are sjitheads?

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Mendoza can see what Team Bull**** are doing

the very best scenario is always...... when a slimy weasel ends up getting his tail caught in a trap

I would piss myself laughing if Team Bull**** forced the purse-bid, Haymon wins and takes the fight to Showtime, and HBO pull the plug...... leaving the WBA to strip Hypekin.

it would be sooooo funny to see those hype-jobs take yet another backward step with Golovkin's over-rated career

the funniest thing would be watching Hypekin get sparked cold, but Jacobs will not beat Golovkin..... not at this point in his career imho...... so yea, love to see the liars/weasels end up with even more egg on their face

Who is it with egg on his face now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pocket Dogs! View Post
            From Fat Dan (http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/...ks-get-messy):

"But the sides apparently aren't getting anywhere in the negotiations. Gilberto Mendoza Jr., president of the WBA, told ESPN.com that there has been discussion by the Jacobs side of a possible interim bout before facing Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs), although Golovkin does not want an interim fight. He wants to do the mandatory fight with Jacobs (32-1, 29 KOs) as soon as possible, especially because it is such an attractive fight."

"Typically, a mandatory fight between a "super champion" (Golovkin in this case) and a "regular champion" (Jacobs) is a 75-25 split in the event of a purse bid with the lion's share going to the "super champion."

However, Mendoza said that Jacobs is seeking a 60-40 split (in GGG's favor).

"It has changed in some cases but usually they are not changed," Mendoza said."
            LMAO at those clowns wanting an interim fight. For what? I mean, I know for what. Another easy cash grab to delay the inevitable.

In reality, Golovkin should just do 60-40. Haymon fighters don't understand the concept of being paid what you are worth anymore, so the only way to get them in the ring is to make concessions.

As I have said, this fight being made comes down to a simple question: what is Jacobs willing to accept being paid to get KTFO?

Comment

• Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
              I've never been one of the people to say GGG should bend over backwards. I've put plenty of blame on Jacobs for asking for crazy amounts of money that he's not worth. I've criticized Jacobs for asking for a superstar payday when he's not a superstar. Let's be real though, even at 60/40, Jacobs isn't making the 3 million he wants.

To be honest I'm just at a point though where I'm sick of arguing about what fighters should make. I'm not the one being paid. I lose more sleep over good fights not being made than I do over fighters taking bad splits.
              Haha - good line. Look at all these idiots on here arguing the toss as if they were family of either fighter. I really want this fight to get made but if it doesn't it's not gonna ruin my December.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                He made 4m+. Jacobs made 500k vs Mora. Sounds like 25% is too generous,right moron?
                Source please...

Comment

• 65/35 GGG seems fair, certainly a premium for Jacobs who will likely get stopped early anyway. But if it's a deal breaker, let him have his 40%. Just make the fight. Too good of a fight (while it lasts) to let it slip by.

Comment

• Does anyone find it strange that GGG's team are playing hardball when they are usually the ones making concessions? 75-25 is probably about fair considering GGG has 3 legitimate belts and Jacobs has no other big fights on the horizon, but if GGG isn't willing to make the fight at 70-30 who does he face? Both need this fight and both should be willing to make some concessions but I find it strange that the team that usually makes concessions to get fights is suddenly unwilling to offer anything above the mandated minimum percentage.

Perhaps it's that GGG's team finally fear that they have something to lose unlike when they are facing basically any other middleweight. I see this as being both teams fault if they don't finalize this deal.

Comment

• Good maybe GGG can still skip this fight and make a deal with BJS for the belt he really needs

Comment

Working...
                      X