Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...What's next for Nicholas Walters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...What's next for Nicholas Walters?

I know both Arum and HBO aren't happy the Lomenchenko fight isn't happening next. Is Arum gonna have this guy sitting on the shelf? His last fight was in December and it doesn't look as if he has anything lined up and it's already June.

I hate when fighters waste their career

I think Walters was having problems with Bob Arum and he was actually trying to leave top rank, hopefully he doesn't have to stay on the sidelines for 2 years until he's free.

I would love to see him fight Lomachenko, if not then Varags or Salido would be great fights that I'd favor him to win both by KO.

Comment

Walters is dead to me.

After that blatant DUCK job he did from Loma, I lost all respect and "giving a fook-ness" about him.

Loma straight up PUT THE FEAR OF GOD in that boy's heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabulous View Post
        Walters is dead to me.

After that blatant DUCK job he did from Loma, I lost all respect and "giving a fook-ness" about him.

Loma straight up PUT THE FEAR OF GOD in that boy's heart.
        dang

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          dang
          Heh, or I suppose that's a bit too harsh.

If he returns against a top-10 opponent, like Salido, or Vargas, with the intent (if victorious) of fighting Loma, or Rigo, I'll be a fan again.

Comment

They tried to low ball nicholas amd he wasnt having it

Comment

He could have gotten a nice 6 figure pay day but then decided to make 0 instead.

Now he waits for many more months to hopefully get a little more than that 6 figure pay day and by the time he gets it he will have missed out on making double that. So dumb. Miley Garcia type dumb.

Comment

If you have to pull of something like that, you have to make sure you have something big as an alternative, ie, Bradley ducking Khan. Sadly, Pacman kind of lotteries are over.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  I know both Arum and HBO aren't happy the Lomenchenko fight isn't happening next. Is Arum gonna have this guy sitting on the shelf? His last fight was in December and it doesn't look as if he has anything lined up and it's already June.

I hate when fighters waste their career
                  I hate when promoters sit fighters on the shelf because the fighter stands up for himself. Walters could have been matched with Salido or the other guy from last night, and it would have been a highlight reel KO, yet Arum like he did with Rigondeaux doesn't offer Walters those types of fights. Recall Arum fed, Donaire the Arces, Montiels, etc. when Donaire was already established, and Rigondeaux was the one that could use the building up. Same here. Walters sending Salido into retirement would build Walters name up, and get him out there. Walters is a power puncher, an action fighter. But will Arum match him with face first latin fighters. No, he will be offered Lomachenko again, which isn't a bad fight, but either pay him, or build him up more by feeding him more face first latin opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                    Walters sending Salido into retirement would build Walters name up, and get him out there.
                    You're assuming Walters won't price himself up/out from a Salido fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X