Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford vs. Postal a PPV??? Are you kidding me?!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Load up the Card and I will gladly pay for it!

Comment

When is the last time Top Rank loaded up a PPV card?

Comment

I think HBO may be on its way out of business. One mean to tell me that they can't secure a measly $1.5 million licensing fee?

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
          PPV???? This fight is barely a Friday Night Fight on ESPN let alone a PPV!! This is exactly why the sport is dying!
          That's going a little to far, but I do agree with that it being a PPV is just ridiculous. Its a solid HBO quality fight for sure but its a damn shame that its on PPV.

Being on PPV just lowers their ability to become more known and seen by the public. By being on PPV will just limit the amount of people watching and in turn make it harder for them to be stars. The more they can be seen the more easy it is to promote then next time out.

Nobody knows who Crawford is outside the hardcore boxing public and Postal is a foreigner.

As bad as GGG-Lemieux PPV was, I see this selling barely half of that.

Damn Shame

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            I think HBO may be on its way out of business. One mean to tell me that they can't secure a measly $1.5 million licensing fee?
            Love them or hate them HBO Boxing isn't going anywhere. They're still miles and miles ahead as the premier showcase network that the sport has.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              All of the boxing business on TV is going out of business. Its not just HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                As bad as GGG-Lemieux PPV was, I see this selling barely half of that.
                See with GGG/Lemieux, they at least had a draw. And ****, even GGG isn't THAT big of a draw yet. But still, he's leaps and bounds more of a draw than Crawford currently is. TC isn't even in the same hemisphere as a draw. And Postol -- nobody on earth outside of hardcore fight fans know who Postol is.

There's no way on earth for this PPV to be a success.

Comment

We all know damn well that Top Rank is NOT going to load up this card. It's a big middle finger to all of the fans. It's getting harder and harder to be a boxing fan now days. Smh.

Comment

Working...
                  X