Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kellerman responds to criticism about calling Pac best of era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I disagree with Max because he makes it sound like Floyd is and always was way bigger when I disagree. I always bring up how Floyd was fighting Zab at WW and coming into the ring at 146 pounds while Pac was at 130 but coming into the ring at 145 pounds. They were basically the same weight in the ring despite Floyd being in a much higher weight class. Therefore either Pac is close to the same size as Floyd or maybe Pac only won some of those fights because he was bigger and stronger than the guys in his class. I know physically he made Morales look like a lil boy in the 2nd and 3rd fights

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      What I do find funny is that many, including Kellerman and most around here, were saying how this fight would determine who the greatest of this era was. Now, seems like most on the other side suddenly have short memories since things didn't turn out as expected. Not that im surprised tho.
      Exactly.

All these stupid excuses. These bet their souls on Pac winning and ran their mouths saying how Pac being Floyd will prove he is the best of this era.

He lost, so now it doesn't matter?

Excuses excuses excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        It's his opinion of course but his logic is not a whole lot different than people ranking Roberto Duran in the top 10 p4p of all time, above Hagler, Hearns & SRL.
        The problem with his logic is that he himself said, "whoever wins the May 2nd fight would be the best of this era." So now it doesn't count?

His opinion becomes BS when he contradicts his own statements.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
          I disagree with Max because he makes it sound like Floyd is and always was way bigger when I disagree. I always bring up how Floyd was fighting Zab at WW and coming into the ring at 146 pounds while Pac was at 130 but coming into the ring at 145 pounds. They were basically the same weight in the ring despite Floyd being in a much higher weight class. Therefore either Pac is close to the same size as Floyd or maybe Pac only won some of those fights because he was bigger and stronger than the guys in his class. I know physically he made Morales look like a lil boy in the 2nd and 3rd fights
          It's not about pounds and weight only. Floyd has a big frame and a long reach. It's an advantage he's always taken care to keep through careful management. You didn't see Floyd taking on Williams or Margarito for a very good reason.

Floyd likes those 140 guys coming up. Little dinky opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
            The problem with his logic is that he himself said, "whoever wins the May 2nd fight would be the best of this era." So now it doesn't count?

His opinion becomes BS when he contradicts his own statements.
            Well you can change your mind, or come to your senses like kellerman has in this instance Especially when your last win is against berto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
              Floyd is great, but not perfect in my view. He never fought a bigger guy than him. Did he? Even Canelo's frame was the same size. Floyd also seemed to avoid bigger guys with range and reach -- Margarito, P. Williams.

Many of Floyd's wins were against smaller cats. I think he managed his boxing career very intelligently -- as Kellerman points out. Doing a fake early retirement and so forth.
              I like floyd but he's the most overhyped boxer I've ever known.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                I remember talks of a 10-8 rd for Mosley vs Mayweather since he hurt him not once but twice in one round.
                http://radiooldies.net/floyd-mayweat...y-result/4037/
                http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...d-updates.html

Thought Lederman gave him a 10-8, but he didn't. Either way, I don't really care if Pacquiao didn't put on the perfect technical display and how pretty he looked doing it, it could've been Bradley in his wild winging mode(think Alexander fight) all night. If he won the rounds he won the rounds, he wasn't getting hit much, it wasn't back and forth, he was just beating Mosley up.
                It's more than solely winning rounds though, some rounds can be more competitive than others, that isn't to say that Mosley was competitive with Pacquiao because he was NOT. Simply saying, after the second round, Mayweather had no problems finding Mosley at all and he began to toy with him. As for 10-8, not even close to a 10-8 and Mayweather finished the round strong as well.

Comment

• pac
                  5 division lineal champ
                  8 division champ
                  fighter of the decade

floyd
                  3 division lineal champ
                  5 division champ
                  distant 2nd nominee fghter of the decade.

very simple and clear who's the best.

Comment

• Mayweather and Pacquiao weren't that different in weight, Pacquiao just dehydrated more.

Age 24

Age 27

Comment

• Age 29

Pacquiao being so much smaller naturally than Mayweather is a myth.

Comment

Working...
                      X