No announcement yet.

Training songs!?! (boxing playlist)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    Hating? Lol. The guy is an uneducated idiot who has guys like you convinced he's a god. Sorry man, I respect real great thinkers like Kant, Foucoult, Marx, Adorno, etc. if what you're saying is true then I'd hate them, too. Your argument makes no sense. Of course it wouldn't considering the type of people you are in awe of. Spare me your indignation, I grew up during a time that people actually experienced life and didn't grow up on social media and YouTube.
    Go experience life instead of taking advice from some wannabe philosopher who just regurgitates whatever pseudo-intellectual garbage he reads online.
    Wow you have serious issues. People like you are a blight on philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
      Wow you have serious issues. People like you are a blight on philosophy.
      I have serious issues? says the guy who is hanging off the nuts of some goof youtuber. People with no critical thinking skills and no life experience are the only people who hold these youtubers in such high regard. You actually think he's a philosopher lol. I explained earlier that when faced with a real situation, like a fight, your body will know exactly how to react. It will not be waiting for music to hype you up. So, no, music is not a crutch. Your body will not let you down in serious situations. The fact that you don't know that tells me you've lived your life behind a computer.

What husle is talking about, grounding yourself in that emotion and using it to power you through, is bull****. Your body knows training is not a dire situation and after five minutes your brain will switch to thinking about the girl with the round ass at the grocery store. im not trying to make this nasty but the fact that you're getting upset over me criticizing some hack is pretty pathetic. Get a grip man.

Comment

Comment

Because its a crutch. Your training is when you need to be learning how to motivate yourself intrinsically. Its part of training. That crutch will not be there for you to lean on when you face real adversity in the ring.

Yeah he is ignoring them.
          but when you're training with music you aren't trying to make yourself more motivated for future experiences (it would help) but more for the fitness. you dont see guys hitting pads or even the bag with headphones in, its only cardio that they use music for. it by no means make one person worse at working out than the next guy. it's more to do with relieving boredom and the monotony of it. come fight night or game day they should be prepared enough regardless of if they've been listening to music. it's like saying someone lost their fight because they listened to music in trainingso thet couldn't focus without it, that is actually really laughable when you think of it.

Comment

It's weird because they're not really pump up music but I like to listen to Massive Attack and Daft Punk. I listen to Massive Attack's full Mezzanine and Heligoland albums from top to bottom.

Comment

I've long noticed a big difference in my cardio if I play certain music. It's uncanny. The most potent have been;
              Motorhead
              Wu Tang
              and, to a lesser extent; AC/DC, Hank III, Deathclock, Ghetto Boys, etc.

If I were picking a walk-out song;
              Rezilos, Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight
              or
              Motorhead, I Am The Sword

Music is psychologically a big thing for me and I've left two gyms because the music got too shytty.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
                Lol sorry man.

Originally posted by the_blueprint View Post
                but when you're training with music you aren't trying to make yourself more motivated for future experiences (it would help) but more for the fitness. you dont see guys hitting pads or even the bag with headphones in, its only cardio that they use music for. it by no means make one person worse at working out than the next guy. it's more to do with relieving boredom and the monotony of it. come fight night or game day they should be prepared enough regardless of if they've been listening to music. it's like saying someone lost their fight because they listened to music in trainingso thet couldn't focus without it, that is actually really laughable when you think of it.
                Exactly. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  I have serious issues? says the guy who is hanging off the nuts of some goof youtuber.
                  Says the guy who calls Marx, a sophist if there ever was one, a philosopher. You are no philosopher if you cant tell the difference between sophistry and philosophy.

What philosophy are you engaging in here. You didn't even address intrinsic vs. extrinsic motivation. You simply went on a ****ing rant because you don't like Eliot Hulse. Some philosopher you are.
                  Last edited by GTTofAK; 03-10-2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Says the guy who calls Marx, a sophist if there ever was one, a philosopher. You are no philosopher if you cant tell the difference between sophistry and philosophy.

What philosophy are you engaging in here. You didn't even address intrinsic vs. extrinsic motivation. You simply went on a ****ing rant because you don't like Eliot Hulse. Some philosopher you are.
                    I addressed it above and someone else said pretty much the same thing I did.

Comment

I like almost everything from classic rock to hip hop and even some pop music. Recently I've been getting into trap music because of that song from the Samsung Gear S2 commercial.

Just keep an ear open for whatever pumps you up and speaks to you personally. Don't be afraid to explore different genres either.

Comment

Working...
                      X