No announcement yet.

Top Rank or PBC would have had Garcia-Vargas on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Rank or PBC would have had Garcia-Vargas on PPV

This is why I’m starting to appreciate DAZN even more. There’s more PPV quality fights than people realize.

Garcia-Vargas would have been a PPV fight on any other network. It wouldn’t have been right after wilder-Fury 2 but it would have cost us all $75.

$20 one time or $100 for a year of access seems to be way better than that deal.

Garcia and Vargas are both multi-division champions, both mexican-Americans and both have fought in the main event of a PPV fight.

It would be a PPV fight. Not the best one but it would be on PPV.

Originally posted by World Champion
    In the PBC world, Mikey was a PPV B-side against Errol Spence, who is a much much bigger star than Jessie Vargas.

Not in a million years would Mikey vs Vargas have been a PBC PPV.

As for ESPN, they barely ever do PPV, so it's hard to say what they'd do.

Comment

Even Mikey-Broner wasn't PPV. Or Broner-Vargas so no, I really doubt it.

Hell of a card though. Worth the money.

Comment

No they wouldn't have. Mikey Garcia isn't a draw like that.

Comment

I agree, due to the fact that both of them are American of Mexican heritage, that would have been exploited and the fact that the card was stacked. It would have been on PPV no doubt.

Comment

Well Mikey got $7 million dollars for last night that too much money to be on tv

Comment

It would've been ESPN+ for $5, although I don't see Top Rank ever agreeing to pay Mikey as much as he's getting from DAZN. They probably took a bath on this fight. It only got about as much buzz as a Charlo tuneup on Showtime. It's a terrible investment unless they end up luring Pacquiao to DAZN.

Comment

I have been with DAZN from the start and I am pleased with them. All those good fights on one night yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion
                  In the PBC world, Mikey was a PPV B-side against Errol Spence, who is a much much bigger star than Jessie Vargas.

Not in a million years would Mikey vs Vargas have been a PBC PPV.

As for ESPN, they barely ever do PPV, so it's hard to say what they'd do.
                  Neither Spence nor Garcia was B-side to each other during that time. If anything, it can be speculated that Spence took Garcia's star power but we'll never know cause neither has headlined in a PPV fight prior

Comment

The fight yesterday was definitely PPV material... and makes you appreciate having DAZN.

The undercards were 3x better than what we had on Wilder vs Fury.

Here is the kicker... it is because of these fights, even though I am not a huge fan of Garcia or Vargas, that I will have ZERO doubts about renewing DAZN... yet no way in hell am I paying to see Fury vs Wilder 3. lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X