No announcement yet.

Sam Cooke Live in Harlem ‘63

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
    Funny how "racism" took your favourite singer so early.
    Good point. But the music lives on... Otis is my guy forever... Wilson Pickett too, don't get me started on muddy waters..

I'm straight up old as ****..

But let's move to the 70's berry white, Commodores, still waters run deep homie.

I know people call me crazy... But I call them stupi or intellectually lazy..

I'm old, but my memories are so vivid...

Still waters run deep... You feel me
    Last edited by Zaroku; 03-08-2018, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post

Good lord. 1963. If only we had video of this. Take the time to listen to what a soul sounds like.

There will never be anything like him again.
      pssssssss this guys are famous now because hey gotta give blacks the pass

Comment

Funny how "racism" took your favourite singer so early.
        Why would you bring up racism? Because I hate it?

Please explain to me how he died due to racism..

Comment

Good lord. 1963. If only we had video of this. Take the time to listen to what a soul sounds like.

Sure about that?

Comment

Why would you bring up racism? Because I hate it?

Please explain to me how he died due to racism..
            He was set up, robbed and murdered and lied on because they knew the police would believe them when they said a black dude tried to assault and rape a white woman.

Comment

I'm old and my uncle, D special forces fought in nam, two tours of duty. Fort Benning GA, and a few other places is where he got his training. Once he was discarded by the system he used to sleep on my dad's couch.. He was in the south a spic Jew sour rounded by real people. But while my Tio slept on the couch he would regularly play music that he heard and loved.. Otis, Sam, Wilson, muddy, etc.. I grew up sleeping on a sofa while my uncle smoked weed, and played music... I collect vintage records, 8 tracks and cassette. I got rare and precious albums... My record player is a micro seki, my cassette player is a nakamichi dragon, I got two mc 275 mono amps, my speakers, I got twelve of them and know the difference. I can't play any instrument at all. I grew up fearing GOD, singing to GOD, and respecting people who can sing. Aretha has my heart, Chaka too. I don't listen to bs music. You gotta be able to sing.. I don't care what a woman looks like. I care what she sounds like.

I like how Chaka & Stevie nix took over the groups they were in..

Do you love what you feel? Stevie nix landslide. Landslide was covered by smashing pumpkins. Cake did a good cover of I will survive. I'm glad no young punk has attempted to redo "simple Man" Leonard S. I got a sign version, before that plane crash happened. My homies trip off me. I'm really crazy.. Hopefully in a good way.

I miss my people. I love music. I could go on and on about noise to signal ratios.. Etc.. I'm crazy crazy..

Peace. Talk later..

3/11 the big earth quake has me shaking again. 7 years and I still can't forget.

Comment

He was set up, robbed and murdered and lied on because they knew the police would believe them when they said a black dude tried to assault and rape a white woman.
                Don't make up bull****.

An Asian woman stole his cash and clothes... and he broke into the motel office and a black woman shot him.

There definitely is a lot of strange circumstances surrounding his death but he could have easily drove away, which is what he did at first, until he turned around and pulled back into the Motel.

The fact that the woman wasn't charged with anything was complete bull****. She was picked up for ho'ing not much longer after his death.

Comment

Don't make up bull****.

An Asian woman stole his cash and clothes... and he broke into the motel office and a black woman shot him.

There definitely is a lot of strange circumstances surrounding his death but he could have easily drove away, which is what he did at first, until he turned around and pulled back into the Motel.

The fact that the woman wasn't charged with anything was complete bull****. She was picked up for ho'ing not much longer after his death.
                  Ain't making up shlt. It just a story i am not really invested in, because there were many theories. Etta James said he she knew he was killed by the mob because his stature in music business had risen, and also him controlling his stuff as a black man was pressing to the wrong people. Many believe, based on the contradictions, that Elisa and Franklin story was just a ruse.

Comment

Ain't making up shlt. It just a story i am not really invested in, because there were many theories. Etta James said he she knew he was killed by the mob because his stature in music business had risen, and also him controlling his stuff as a black man was pressing to the wrong people. Many believe, based on the contradictions, that Elisa and Franklin story was just a ruse.
                    Of course people are going to say all kinds of theoretical things. Is it possible that someone wanted him set up? Who knows. There are the most black/white things that have ever happened in America that a lot of people think are conspiracies. I can educate you more on the shooting. Pretty sure you didn't know a black woman shot him... And then after his death, sued his estate. Pretty ridiculous. One thing is for certain - The prost should have been locked up immediately.

Here's the difference between Sam and the dumb ****s today -
                    He WASN'T a victim.

He never played that card like the lot of idiots do today. If he pulled up into a segregated Hotel and they said "No blacks allowed", he'd say "**** that, I'm Sam Cooke." And there was a lot of stories where he'd get his way with stuff like that. And he also had a bit of a temper obviously.

One of the greatest songs of all time, and probably the greatest thing my ears have ever listened to is "A Change is Gonna Come". He heard Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind" and couldn't believe a White man could write such a powerful song about oppression. He reached down into his soul and his background of gospel and created probably the greatest damn thing anyone has ever heard. It wasn't released until after his death.

A lot of people think the song is about oppression. It has a lot to do about personal tragedy in his life, which there was no shortage of.

You'd never see him kneel at our flag... That **** has to look embarrassing to you by now.
                    Last edited by Lomadeaux; 03-10-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Pretty sure you didn't know a black woman shot him... And then after his death, sued his estate. Pretty ridiculous. One thing is for certain - The prost should have been locked up immediately.
                      I knew who the players of the "ruse" were.

Here's the difference between Sam and the dumb ****s today -
                      He WASN'T a victim.
                      So, he used his privilege as a celebrity? I am sure many of his fellow blacks who weren't celebrity couldn't afford this luxury.

He never played that card like the lot of idiots do today. If he pulled up into a segregated Hotel and they said "No blacks allowed", he'd say "**** that, I'm Sam Cooke." And there was a lot of stories where he'd get his way with stuff like that. And he also had a bit of a temper obviously.
                      He never had to, because he had other cards to use...one being he was a beloved celebrity.

One of the greatest songs of all time, and probably the greatest thing my ears have ever listened to is "A Change is Gonna Come". He heard Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind" and couldn't believe a White man could write such a powerful song about oppression. He reached down into his soul and his background of gospel and created probably the greatest damn thing anyone has ever heard. It wasn't released until after his death.
                      No denying he was one of the greats.

A lot of people think the song is about oppression. It has a lot to do about personal tragedy in his life, which there was no shortage of.
                      That is the thing about great music. It is an abstract art that can be interpreted to mean different things for different people.

You'd never see him kneel at our flag... That **** has to look embarrassing to you by now.
                      We can't know for sure now, can we?

Comment

Working...
                      X