Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher p4p of all time Bhop, Roy Jones or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy
    Pac
    Hops

Comment

RJJ, Manny, X

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        Roy

Nothing tops a prime Hopkins and Toney out of the three
        Manny is far ahead of Jones man

Comment

Lets list their best wins

Manny

Barrera
          Morales
          Cotto
          Jmm

those his top 4 IMO

now list the others top 4 wins

Comment

Pacquiao
            Jones Jr. - Hopkins, Toney, Ruiz
            Hopkins - Pavlik, Tarver, Pascal (ODLH & Trinidad names)
            Last edited by Hatesrats; 07-26-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              Hopkins

Has a record of 24-5-2, 2NC (13 KOs) in World Title fights.
              Has a record of 16-6-1 1NC (6 KOs) against former or current world titleists.

Roy Jones

Has a record of 22-3 (14 KOs) in world title fights.
              Has a record of 19-9 (8 KOs) against former, current and future world titlists.

I just dont get why people rank Roy automatically over Hopkins
              Because Jones never really lost in his prime and beat Hopkins bad when it mattered. Not only that, Jones won titles in 4 classes that spanned 45 lbs. and dropped back down to lhw to regain his title even though he was shot to bits. That's all time, never been done before stuff. Hopkins had a great end of his career and all but it don't eclipse Roy or Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                Hopkins

Has a record of 24-5-2, 2NC (13 KOs) in World Title fights.
                Has a record of 16-6-1 1NC (6 KOs) against former or current world titleists.

Roy Jones

Has a record of 22-3 (14 KOs) in world title fights.
                Has a record of 19-9 (8 KOs) against former, current and future world titlists.

I just dont get why people rank Roy automatically over Hopkins
                Probably because he was viewed as the best p4p for like a decade straight and at his apex was one of the most spectacular fighters in history. That said, we cannot ignore longevity and wins and losses so your ranking is probably right. Peace.

Comment

All three are very good and easily top 30 in my opinion and probably higher. I would rank Jones highest, Hopkins 2nd and Pacquiao 3rd. But seriously though, who the hell keeps a list of the 40 best fighters of all time all written down in order from best to 40th best? I'll bet you have no list like that. I'll bet nobody reading this has such a list. Very few even have a list of the 10 best boxers of all time. When asked were a fighter belongs among the all time greats people just come up with a number off the top of their heads. I know that is what I do. I just guess where they belong. I have never had a list of even the ten best boxers of all time. I keep much closer track of the current top 10 best pfp.

Comment

Roy ****ed up the impression of him by going back down to 175lbs, but the answer is easy.

1) Roy, 2) Hopkins, 3) Pacquiao.

-Roy was champion at 160, champion at 168, undisputed kingpin at 175, and even got a full heavyweight championship. Before stripping that 25lbs off of his frame, Roy was basically an undefeated fighter who great fighters couldn't even come close to beating.

-Hopkins lost his debut fight, lost to Roy Jones Jr, and then didn't lose another fight for 12 years as he became the first man to unify the middleweight championship since Hagler. Not only that, immediately after losing his middleweight title, Hopkins jumped up and beat the light heavyweight kingpin. The man was 49 years old and a legit world champion.

-Manny Pacquiao has had a great run from flyweight up to 150, but he's never had a clean win over Marquez, got embarrassed by Floyd, got beat by Marquez, and had been left for dead three times in the ring (let's leave the Bradley fights alone for the moment). You add the whispers about Pacquiao during his dominant run, and even that shine dims a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                      If pacman has ac ouple more impressive wins I think he is above both by a large margin

I think Bhop over roy just because of how long he was able to do it
                      Pac-Man is still active, I see him beating Loma, Khan, Crawford

Comment

Working...
                      X