List of PEDs That Have Been Used in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fernando Vargas, Antonio Tarver

Comment

I was thinking the other day that I would use all steroids and PEDs if I was a pro boxer lol. I'd be roided out of my mind and with loaded gloves. Like thinking about it, I would want to go into that ring with every advantage possible and become a superstar.

Comment

Chavez Jr. - Furosemide

"In November 2009, Chavez tested positive for Furosemide -- a diuretic typically used to help cut weight or used as a masking agent for steroids -- in conjunction with his fight against Troy Rowland, which took place on the Manny Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto undercard at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-marijuana-use

Comment

OP forgot Vargas. Winstrol I think?

Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
          Rios tested positive for dimenthylamylamine (DMAA) which is a diuretic, whether or not he used it to cut weight or as a masking agent for other PEDs remains unknown.

Sort of, its mainly a stimulant, used for weight loss because it kills appetite. Its very close to ephedrine. It used to be in supplements, was pulled from the market after the FDA threatened action. Its not illegal though it is on most banned substances lists.
          Last edited by elfag; 03-02-2015, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
            Nandrolone is probably the dumbest thing to take as it stays in your system for a crazy amount of time. Testing positive for that means your other steroids got contaminated or you are a certified idiot.

Also I'm not a steroid expert but the op does not know **** about hgh as it's nothing like other steroids and it's actually quite safe anyone can look that **** up lol.
            The choice of Nandrolone Salido.

Comment

Reading some of the names off of the list is disappointing to say the least. When great boxers from the past era have used PEDs and rising prospects are testing positive left and right you can't help but question the greatness of elite boxers from our era.

What does it truly take to reach the top? Hard work and dedication or easy work with medication?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                Chavez Jr. - Furosemide

"In November 2009, Chavez tested positive for Furosemide -- a diuretic typically used to help cut weight or used as a masking agent for steroids -- in conjunction with his fight against Troy Rowland, which took place on the Manny Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto undercard at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-marijuana-use
                Furosemide can be used for weight cutting, or it can also be used to help flush the toxic amounts of THC from your system, which is most likely the case for Chavez Jr.

Comment

What does it truly take to reach the top? Hard work and dedication or easy work with medication?
                  why work harder when u can work smarter?

Comment

I completely forgot about Lamont Peterson, he got popped for synthetic testosterone, which is basically the same as natural testosterone except it's chemically altered in a lab to be more compatible with the person taking it.
                    It's extremely different to natural testosterone.

Synthetic testosterone elevates your levels to a consistently high level

Normally, at some points during a 24 hour period, natural testosterone peaks and this lasts for 30 mins.

Here is more information . After reading it I came to the conclusion that Peterson should be banned for life and it's a disgrace IBF didn't strip him of his belt.

Dr. Ronald Kamm: Every elite athlete knows that they must check with their physician or their sport’s governing body, or USADA, or VADA, to see whether what they’re contemplating using may be contaminated or not. The burden is on them. And they must not take anything that’s not on the approved list. So you can’t say, “Oh, I took this stuff and it was contaminated.” It’s on the boxer. Or on the boxer’s people.

Boxing Insider: We’ll get back on the topic of contamination, but speaking of the boxer you just mentioned, Lamont Peterson, he had tested positive for synthetic testosterone. He claimed that it was a medical condition that he had that was due to low testosterone levels…
                    Dr. Ronald Kamm: Exactly. But he did not disclose it prior to the fight.
                    Boxing Insider: Correct. Is that normal for someone his age, and in his athletic shape to have levels like that?
                    Dr. Ronald Kamm: I can’t say. It’s not normal to have low testosterone to begin with. People can be in good shape and come up low. It can vary, it can change, so it’s possible. It’s not probable, but it’s possible.
                    Boxing Insider: Okay. Could having low testosterone be a result of using a certain drug which then causes lower levels if you go off it?
                    Dr. Ronald Kamm: Well, if you have low testosterone and you’re being supplemented, and you’re being given testosterone by a doctor under prescription, and you just suddenly go off of it, it definitely causes withdrawal and that can have all kinds of psychiatric effects.

Boxing Insider: Now if you’re a fighter—let’s take this over to boxing for example—in your medical opinion, what specifically is taking testosterone going to help you do in the sport of boxing?
                    Dr. Ronald Kamm: It makes you stronger. You have faster recovery from injury. In a fight, if you were hit you might recover faster than if you weren’t on steroids. I think Khan was surprised that Peterson had the recuperative powers he did in their first fight. It also raises the boxer’s level of confidence, and his appetite for risk. That’s where it’s particularly scary, because it makes you more aggressive. Of course fighters are aggressive, but it’s supposed to be controlled aggression, which the referee tries to oversee and encourage. Then there’s aggressiveness to the point of going over the line. That is hitting the opponent low, or really continuing to hit an opponent when the ref’s trying to stop it, or right off the break.
                    Obviously the extreme would be Mike Tyson biting Holyfield’s ear. I’m not saying Tyson was using steroids, but his behavior that night would be compatible with “roid rage,” that kind of overreaction. So, really, fighters are in danger. You are taking your life in your hands when you go into the ring, and you are more or less hoping—or expecting—that, yes, the other fighter wants to win…but he’s not out to destroy you or your career. It’s like what’s going on with the NFL today with head injuries. You understand there’s a risk. You understand you’ll be tackled, but you’re hoping that the other guy doesn’t want to end your career.
                    But if you’re in there with somebody who’s hyped up on steroids, this guy won’t necessarily care about your career or anything else. Interestingly, when I looked at Peterson’s background, his father was in prison, the mother had personal issues— and of course, a lot of fighters do come from troubled backgrounds. But having a family history of emotional problems or a family history of drug use does put an individual at more risk for steroid use and abuse.

Comment

Natural and synthetic testosterone are chemically identical other than the fact that synthetic has a different ratio of carbon 13 (6 protons and 7 neutrons ) isotopes to carbon 12 isotopes (6 & 6) because it's made from plant steroids rather than cholesterol.

Also both testosterone and hgh are hormones but only testosterone is a steroid as it has a backbone of 3-cyclopentanes attached to a cyclohexane.

Comment

Working...
                      X