No announcement yet.

Dana White finally responds to Oscar De La Hoya’s fight challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White finally responds to Oscar De La Hoya’s fight challenge

UFC President Dana White and boxing promoter Oscar De La Hoya have had plenty to say about each other over the last few weeks. In fact, their beef recently got so heated that the retired boxer De La Hoya even challenged White to a fight on the Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs undercard.

“Let’s get in the ring,” Oscar De La Hoya said on the Luke Thomas show. “Let’s get in the ring, three rounds. Let’s do this. Let’s do this under Canelo [Alvarez], Cinco de Mayo. I’ll even give you five months so you can get off the juice, and then we can get in great shape and then we go three rounds. Look, I’m going to give you what, a 50 pound advantage? It’s ok. I can take you on. Let’s do it.”

It took Dana White awhile, but he has finally answered this callout from Oscar De La Hoya.

bj penn logo

Home MMA News Dana White
    Dana White finally responds to Oscar De La Hoya’s fight challenge
    By Tom Taylor - January 31, 2019
    Dana White
    UFC President Dana White and boxing promoter Oscar De La Hoya have had plenty to say about each other over the last few weeks. In fact, their beef recently got so heated that the retired boxer De La Hoya even challenged White to a fight on the Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs undercard.

“Let’s get in the ring,” Oscar De La Hoya said on the Luke Thomas show. “Let’s get in the ring, three rounds. Let’s do this. Let’s do this under Canelo [Alvarez], Cinco de Mayo. I’ll even give you five months so you can get off the juice, and then we can get in great shape and then we go three rounds. Look, I’m going to give you what, a 50 pound advantage? It’s ok. I can take you on. Let’s do it.”

It took Dana White awhile, but he has finally answered this callout from Oscar De La Hoya.

Ads by Revcontent
    He responded on ESPN’s Now or Never this week.

“Listen Oscar called me out,” he said with a big laugh. “He’s an idiot. When you’re a moron like he is, you have to fight. Yeah I’ll fight Oscar De La Hoya.

“Not boxing though,” he added, clarifying that this ridiculous fight would have to occur in the cage under the MMA rule set. “Not boxing. Normally when these types of challenges go out, I say ‘I’ll box him.’ I’m not boxing Oscar De La Hoya.”

The chances of this fight happening, of course, are immeasurably miniscule. But hey, it’s fun to think about.

Who do you think would win if Oscar De La Hoya and Dana White stepped into the ring or cage together?

This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 1/31/2019.

when the article of oscar calling dana out i said the same thing! i said do it in mma and see if oscar is still down.

Comment

Oscar

Still slaps dana around in mma also

Comment

Originally posted by strumvargas View Post
        Still slaps dana around in mma also
        if oscar lands first then yes. but if dana gets a hold of oscar lol... it's gonna be good!!! dana actually has some training in mma, bjj, etc. if dana can take oscar down then it's pretty much over for coke head... you never know oscar might have flash backs and think he's in one of his weird sex freak show once dana is on top of him.

Comment

I think oscar lands before dana takes him down

Comment

I took this as de la hoya basically admitting dana is a better promoter but that he might be able to beat him up

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
              if oscar lands first then yes. but if dana gets a hold of oscar lol... it's gonna be good!!! dana actually has some training in mma, bjj, etc. if dana can take oscar down then it's pretty much over for coke head... you never know oscar might have flash backs and think he's in one of his weird sex freak show once dana is on top of him.
              C'mon DubC Oscar is still a world class pro athlete & a real fighter. Oscar beats Dana at any sort of physical activity especially fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                C'mon DubC Oscar is still a world class pro athlete & a real fighter. Oscar beats Dana at any sort of physical activity especially fighting.
                i agreed. but in a mma match, if oscar doesnt land and take dana out quick and if dana gets a hold of oscar then this could end real bad for the golden boy. im sure dana is not looking to stand up and trade.

Comment

Whats the weight difference between them? I'm assuming Dana is a good 30-50lbs bigger. In the cage that would be a solid advantage along with Dana knowing BJJ. Plus Dana is on that sh^t too. Dana ain't passing a USADA test just like Jon Jones can't.

In the ring Oscar makes Dana look slow & tarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Whats the weight difference between them? I'm assuming Dana is a good 30-50lbs bigger. In the cage that would be a solid advantage along with Dana knowing BJJ. Plus Dana is on that sh^t too. Dana ain't passing a USADA test just like Jon Jones can't.

In the ring Oscar makes Dana look slow & tarded.
                    man, you are talking about an ex PRO boxer, who's an ATG. of course oscar would make dana look ******ed in a boxing match.

even in the octagon, oscar still has the advantage because dana only trained on some mma and bjj, but dana never competed or get to actually test out his work in a real match up. oscar is actually a REAL professional boxer who's been in the ring in a real combat fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X