Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gassiev Plans To Decide on Weight in April, Will Speak With DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gassiev should stay at CW where his power makes a difference. I don't think he has enough power to trouble the big boys at HW, and Usyk proved to everyone that Gassiev is lacking a bit in the speed department.
    He could realistically mop up all the belts and take Usyk's place as undisputed CW champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Gassiev is 6'4"! He should be able to go to HW easily!
      No he is not, incorrectly listed. I always thought so but the usyk fight and weighins confirmed it, ffs he is obviously around 2 inches shorter than the also dubiously 6'3 usyk, watch the fight again

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... and do what, precisely?...
        You never know. Michael "The Bounty" Hunter is looking much better at HW! They also thought Holyfield was going to be too small for HW too!

Comment

Originally posted by JSN006 View Post
          No he is not, incorrectly listed. I always thought so but the usyk fight and weighins confirmed it, ffs he is obviously around 2 inches shorter than the also dubiously 6'3 usyk, watch the fight again
          Boxrec has him listed @ 6ft. 3.5in.

Comment

DAZN could coerce Abel that the fights they’re interested in are at Heavyweight. I mean, wouldn’t a young Gassiev want a rematch with Usyk? That’s basically who he has to prove to beat on DAZN. That’s the most logical and sensible move aside from the loot

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              You never know. Michael "The Bounty" Hunter is looking much better at HW! They also thought Holyfield was going to be too small for HW too!
              Plenty of shorter/smaller HWs left their mark in the history of the sport. Tyson, Tua, Byrd, Haye, Toney. CW is hot enough as it is, let's add some fire to the glamor division

Comment

imo he should stay at CW for a couple more years, moving up to HW at 27ish when hes entering his physical prime would be perfect.

in the mean time he can fight the winner of this seasons WBSS & guys like:

Breidis
                Glowacki
                Goulamirian (i know they are both with sanchez but this is a dream matchup)

Comment

Working...
                X