No announcement yet.

So GDP growth for 2018 was 2.9%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Yes, we are seeing historical lows in minority unemployment rates.

That's damn good news, especially for the minority workers getting those jobs.

Is that a problem to you???
    Yea it is a problem.

High wage jobs are being outsourced for low wage jobs. This is why real wages (inflation factoring) are stagnant (technically down) and not up like you trumpies like to brag about.

This after running a campaign on outsourcing jobs.
    Last edited by Lords; 03-04-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
      GDP has been tanking since Q2 2018, 4.2% down to 2.6%, this after all the booming economy bragging and jobs jobs jobs.

This only solidifies that the current economy is just a house of cards.
      I'm talking annual rates, you're citing quarterly rates.

Apples to apples, please.

And fyi, it's perfectly normal for quarters to vary.

I'm confused. You're acting like a female here.
      Don't be confused. Just stop talking like me.

As I said, be yourself.

Here's a hint, don't add words to your vocabulary because you see someone else using them a lot. Again, it indicates a hero worship and follower mentality.

And it's especially weird, and a bit creepy, to watch you emulate someone you also hurl (unwitty) insults at.

Just try and keep up, like making sure to cite annual numbers when I'm citing annual numbers, as opposed to trying so hard to come off as witty.

It's a bad look for you.

Comment

Yea it is a problem.

High wage jobs are being outsourced for low wage jobs. This is why real wages (inflation factoring) are stagnant (technically down) and not up like you trumpies like to brag about.

This after running a campaign on outsourcing jobs.
        Whoa there!!!

You're being an NPC again and just spewing talking points (and trying to play semantics).

The fact is wages are up, after they fell (outside of the 1%) over the Obama years.

No matter which specific metric you must cherry-pick to measure wages, we can compare it to the same metric under Obama. So let's cut the Gotcha! crap and stay on point.

Do we need to start posting up sources here? Really??

And yes, jobs are coming back and/or being created. How else do you think the unemployment rate is going down?
        Last edited by 1bad65; 03-04-2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

No matter which specific metric you must cherry-pick to measure wages, we can compare it to the same metric under Obama. So let's cut the Gotcha! crap and stay on point.

Do we need to start posting up sources here? Really??

And yes, jobs are coming back and/or being created. How else do you think the unemployment rate is going down?
          There's only one way to measure it, which is factoring in inflation. Everyone knows this.

Right wingers are known to only give 50% of the information on the issues. Who wants a pie with 50% of it left out?

It's factually correct that real wages are stagnant, and/or down.

But I'm going to digress on the issue because you'll just claim gotcha again.

Comment

There's only one way to measure it, which is factoring in inflation. Everyone knows this.

Right wingers are known to only give 50% of the information on the issues. Who wants a pie with 50% of it left out?

It's factually correct that real wages are stagnant, and/or down.

But I'm going to digress on the issue because you'll just claim gotcha again.
            No, no need to digress.

As I said, I'm happy with whatever metric you want to pick.

So now show me what Obama's numbers were on wages when factoring in inflation, and then show me what Trump's numbers are on that same metric.

We will see who did better, and under your chosen metric.

No claiming Gotcha!, just asking for the facts.

And after you source the numbers of the metric you chose, we will let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

While you're finding those numbers; could you please explain your views on the falling unemployment rate, including your take on the record unemployment of minorities?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                What? The raising interest rates slow down economic growth to keep inflation in check, but that is of course reflected in the GDP growth as well.
                Yes but rates always go up when economy is good. That’s why it’s rare to see 4-5 percent growth in a year. When economy is terrible the rates drop. It all equalizes to an extent.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Jim says next year it will hit the 3% mark, what do you think?
                  Every real economists say the economy will slow next year. I’ll believe them before I believe 1bad et al. I’d wager 1k to any forum ****** like 1sad or hoel olesteen. Let’s bet dummies. I’d paypaled forum members money when I lost bets. I’d get them to Vouch. So long up.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                    Every real economists say the economy will slow next year. I’ll believe them before I believe 1bad et al. I’d wager 1k to any forum ****** like 1sad or hoel olesteen. Let’s bet dummies. I’d paypaled forum members money when I lost bets. I’d get them to Vouch. So long up.
                    They also said the market would crash when Trump got into office.
                    Just sayin.

Comment

No, no need to digress.

As I said, I'm happy with whatever metric you want to pick.

So now show me what Obama's numbers were on wages when factoring in inflation, and then show me what Trump's numbers are on that same metric.

We will see who did better, and under your chosen metric.

No claiming Gotcha!, just asking for the facts.

And after you source the numbers of the metric you chose, we will let the chips fall where they may.

Real wages have been stagnant for decades, I never said Obama did better on the issue.

But claiming wages are up under Trump is misleading.

According to recent data, real hourly wages are down 0.2%. For production and nonsupervisory employees it's down 0.4%

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2018/re...-july-2018.htm

Comment

Working...
                      X