No announcement yet.

So GDP growth for 2018 was 2.9%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Funny thing is, I never once over the 8 Obama years saw the TS start a thread criticizing low GDP growth when GDP growth was under 2% annually. Yet now he's started a thread to be critical of 2.9% annual growth???

Go! Team! Go!
    So true dat! …...Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      Wage growth is the best it's been in over 10 years. Some of the problem laid with the uncertainty of trade with China which really hampered Q4 growth as well as the Fed hiking rates numerous times, which they didn't do once in 8 years prior.. Once a new deal is reached with China I'd expect growth to resume to 3%+. I think things are only beginning to heat up as the country becomes used to Trump, and many of the policies begin to take effect.
      So you expect to see three percent growth for this year and 2020?

i am willing to make a sig or money bet that it won't so let me know.

Honestly, i am f**cking shocked, i surely expected it to pass 3%. Especially with the great job numbers but as i said because wage growth has been slow and inflation ate away at that wage growth, consumer spending wasn't as great to boost GDP.

Red - exactly, so like me you should be shocked that that didn't boost the economy. Maybe those folks are the correct. The ones who said that America's days of 3% growth are done.

Blue - inflation wasn't a risk at that time. You lived through it. Did you see any hyperinflation occur any at all during that period?

Green - , 2018 was a hot year(some say it will be the hottest). 2019 and 2020 aren't expected to be better. The tax cuts was one of those policies and it didn't real'y benefit the economy nor the working man-it most benefited Wall Street- so what policy do you expect to bring that miraculous boost that you are thinking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        If you got some work ethic and a little bit of game, you are going to eat out here.

Now, how much can that be attribed to Trump, can't really quantify. It's anecdotal on my end.

But blue collar, hard working sharp "people of color" are starting to see through the veneer.
        it didn't show in the growth rate and for America to be at full employment and not see decent growth rate like it did in the past something isn't working but your understanding-level will prevent you from grabbing these subtleties.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          If you got some work ethic and a little bit of game, you are going to eat out here.

Now, how much can that be attribed to Trump, can't really quantify. It's anecdotal on my end.

But blue collar, hard working sharp "people of color" are starting to see through the veneer.
          Man there ain't no jobs here

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
            exactly, this is what I dont understand. Are people just waiting around for laws and **** to change so they can make a few extra dollars?

what hapepned to gettting out there and getting it, HARD WORK PAYS OFF!
            Look how many people have been working hard last year?

So don't come with that crap and their wages still weren't that great especially for an economy that was booming.

Listen man, stick to bring heavy loads on your back and selling Trump shirts on Twitter, obviously the crux of this thread is over your head.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              Funny thing is, I never once over the 8 Obama years saw the TS start a thread criticizing low GDP growth when GDP growth was under 2% annually. Yet now he's started a thread to be critical of 2.9% annual growth???

Go! Team! Go!
              Oh c'mon now 1bad just like me, i am sure you believe the 3% was a surety.

As a matter a fact i remember your proclaiming boldly that it will occur.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                Another incorrect forecast by 1bad
                Poor guy, i wonder what his predictions for 2019's growth rate will be.

Comment

I'm tired of being locked up in my house like a prisoner. People need work!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                    GDP is an outdated metric anyway. Even the guy who invented it thinks it's a terrible metric to measure progress.
                    True but until they bring in a new method and calculate the past years with that method, we have to stick to this for an apples-to-apples comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                      So true dat! …...Rockin'
                      Look at all the great stuff you guys were cheering bout that was happening last year under Trump and the growth rate didn't pass three.

Comment

Working...
                      X