Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighter of The Decade? Mayweather, Ward Top List of Candidates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Nelo beats Jacobs and GGG he is fighter of decade for sure. If Crawford somehow beats Khan and Shawn/Spence or Thurman maybe.. Ward has good resume too. Lomachenko got that L on His resume.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      It's going to come down to who had the best wins and I think that's Ward.

Mayweather's best wins came over Canelo and Pac. But Canelo was 23 years old, and Pac was 36 and had lost a couple fights during the decade prior to facing Floyd so the significance of the fight wasn't great, plus it was a terrible fight. Outside of those two he did fight Mosley and Cotto, but they were aging opponents as well. He didn't have a signature win against a top fighter.

Ward won the Super Six and beat Froch and Kovalev. I would argue those are more impressive wins considering how on top of their game both of those fighters were. He also did it in two different weight classes.
      Froch and kovalev are barely elite tbh.

Kovalev will get beat again as soon as he fights a real threat with grit and pop.

They are not some Loma, PAC, usyk, Crawford, Garcia, Canelo types of dudes, they are 2 classes below.

If it's what it takes to be fighter of the decade, beat those 2 dudes, then boxing went ape shyt.

And yes Floyd beat PAC and nelo, this brush ward's whole record away.

Ward resume is as much overrated as kova and froch were when he fought them.

I know froch has a good record on paper, but eye test wise he fights like a caveman.
      Last edited by BillyBoxing; 03-02-2019, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Ward is ridiculous tbh...he was inactive for 2 years and his last fight was in 2017.

Should be Canelo....I can see Mayweather tho

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
          How so?

Hauser is not going to rate Mosley or Cotto. Ortiz? Guerrero? The only significant win Floyd has is Canelo in this decade. Hauser isn’t going to consider Berto, Maidana, or the Pac win. Hauser pushed IV Gate. Hauser went against PBC, so Pac is out of the picture.

It all comes down to Ward and Canelo. Canelo has 2019 to wrap up.
          He pretty much took Canelo out of his choices

Comment

Lmao. I’m sorry but wtf is this bull**** Crawford over Canelo ? I’m done.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
              He pretty much took Canelo out of his choices
              Maybe the writer doesn’t know ***** about boxing resume and just picks well known fighters or he hates mexicans as he’s leaving canelo out.

Comment

I would give it to Maidana or Salido... they came on top when they fought fighters they were supposed to lose to... they dethroned superstars, got robbed a couple of times, and faced everyone that was willing to fight them. They were never given anything and earned their name in the boxing game the way everyone should by fighting. This two never had diva demands. Floyd, Pacquiao, and Cotto were the generation of divas in boxing, catch weights, face out of prime opposition, among a million other diva demands.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  Froch and kovalev are barely elite tbh.
                  Froch was solid, sure. Actually he was better than solid - he was very good. But he was never close to elite.

The best win Ward had out of the super 6 was Kessler, and that was in 2009 so can't be counted.

Kovalev beat Ward in their first fight. Kovalev was very good, I think he was better than prime Froch for sure. But again, he beat Ward.

I'd like to think that things like P4P lists and FOTY and FOTD accolades would filter through corrupt or incompetent outcomes. If a fighter gets given the benefit of a bad (corrupt or incompetent) decision, then this should be taken into account.

It is bad enough that those kinds of things happen, without boxing fans dignifying it.

So Ward and Canelo immediately get marked down for that. I can't see how they could get named FOTD. Not by actual boxing fans.

Comment

If the Pac-man beat Errol "The Truth" Spence and Keith "One Time" Thurman this year then he is definitely the "Fighter of the Decade".

Comment

Wlad Klitschko

Comment

Working...
                      X