Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whhy did Canelo fight floyd so young but wouldnt fight GGG till he got old(er)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Floyd gave him a boxing lesson , GGG would have tried to punch young Canelos head off his shoulders . A points loss to Floyd doesnt harm the career the same way a brutal KO by GGG would have , also the financial reward of fighting Floyd would dwarf anything he would have made off GGG at the time
    This exactly! They waited for GGG to get older. A prime GGG would have ko canelo. Fk it water under the bridge like it or not canelo is the face of boxing and the cash cow we have to accept it and move on

Comment

Originally posted by adamt View Post
      did GB see GGG back then as too big a threat then?
      if so, why take the floyd fight though?

or did ggg "need to build his profile more" excuse?

i had GGG winning both fights, so what would of happened if they fought a few years earlier?
      the biggest robbery of ALL TIME??
      Seems like he got awfully wise there after! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
        Let's pretend I'm you lmfao. Using your own logic to as why Canelo wouldnt initially fight GGG at 160.

"Dont forget the 5lb weight cut GGG had to do in order to get the fight too, THAT more than anything played a bigger role in that fight.
        Reason why Canelo said 155lb or no fight but with say another 164lb chavez he had no issue fight at the full 164lb, Weigth draining GGG was part of teh game plan."

Nah, Canelo didnt wait until GGG looked vulnerable right? Hes so brave for taking the fight against GGG despite the fact hes a legit MW who fought at 154 and would ONLY be drained if he was. And now hes big enough to fight at 168 like all you "hes not an actual MW"

Lolo. So funny.
        I know you haters are delusional but yall making up conversations now to have and hate lmfao. Where did I say Anything about ggg doing a weigth cut? and your theory is all ass cause Canelo fought ggg at the full 160lb lmfao.

Haters gonna hate.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          I know you haters are delusional but yall making up conversations now to have and hate lmfao. Where did I say Anything about ggg doing a weigth cut? and your theory is all ass cause Canelo fought ggg at the full 160lb lmfao.

Haters gonna hate.
          Lmfao. Took your own words and insert different names. Proof of your bias. Thought I was so hilarious had to point it out.

No, I didnt say you said it but your, floyd drained Canelo down 2, two, TWO pounds. Lmfao.

Nah, Floyd dominated any version of canelo and that hurts you eh? Too funny. Talk about delusional

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
            Lmfao. Took your own words and insert different names. Proof of your bias. Thought I was so hilarious had to point it out.

No, I didnt say you said it but your, floyd drained Canelo down 2, two, TWO pounds. Lmfao.

Nah, Floyd dominated any version of canelo and that hurts you eh? Too funny. Talk about delusional
            see this how dumb you are and too desperate to hate. Lets talk facts.

Floyd fought Canelo at 152lbs

Canelo fought GGG at the full 160Lbs

These are just facts, but you talking fantasy land talk about draining GGG 5lbs lmfao but FACT is Canelo fought GGG at the full 160lb limit lmfao. Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              even if canelo drops dead tomorrow with a fight against jacobs scheduled....who would you say was more brave and willing to make good fights?
              u dont even need to ask bro, no comparison.

Waiting till you are 34 to fight for a title stinks of knowing you are going to lose if you hang around doe more than 1 or 2 fights.
              Last edited by DreamFighter; 02-02-2019, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Because he wanted too

Comment

its GGG who waited till he was 34 to fight for a title, which is when he becme relevant as a titleholder. Canelo fought him when he had been relevant for w, thats not waiting at all.
                  WHy is fighting someone within 2 years of them being champ, waiting?
                  Why are Wade or Vanes not accused of waiting?

dont blame GGG's faults on others.
                  Last edited by DreamFighter; 02-02-2019, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Canelo didn't pick Floyd. Floyd picked Canelo. That's the biggest difference. The question should really be; why did Floyd fight Canelo so early in Canelo 's career?

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                      Regardless of opponents, the guy is mid 30's, he was fading. Nobody is prime at that age.

Go watch his fights a few years earlier, yes the opponents weren't as good, but you can see he had more snap in his shots, less sluggish and better legs.
                      Better competition does that..He has been in no wars until Nelo in the 2nd fight. golovkin is what he always was.

Comment

Working...
                      X