Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexander Povetkin's management have said they won't step aside for AJ.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Povetkin take his blood pressure pills he have a fighting chance

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Which is why he’ll fight Povetkin next... 4/1 I got off skybet for Povetkin to be next💷💷💷💷💷💷💷
      I can't complain get him out the way and hopefully Wilder is next

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
        They would have too bid atleast 30-35mil which AJ gets 75 percent of the purse

The Wlad bid was 23 million on 75-25 Split
        The Wilder bid was 7.15 million and 70-30 Split

Side note that was Wilders highest purse lol and Wlads I believe
        AJ plays his cards right that’s a Career high pay day for him.
        Agreed. I highly doubt they want to go out to Russia though.
        I think Ryabinsky will have no problem bidding 30m+ if it goes to purse bids, I imagine Sky/Hearn will try their absolute hardest to secure a deal for the fight to take place in the UK to avoid a bidding war with Ryabinsky

Comment

AJ bout to leave beltless with whoever he faces between PEDvetkin and Bronze Bomber!

Hearn tryna slither his way outta this is gonna be interesting!

On one hand you got a 6'7 awkward wrecking ball with speed of a Light heavyweight and thunderous fight ending power at any second and stamina to boot as well as punches coming from angles you can't prepare for!

And on the other hand, you gotta cheating Soviet union Stalin style Commie with massive backing of deep pockets from the cold war who can beat you in purse bids to have it staged in Mother Russia where the Commie will be juiced to the max amongst other things!

LOL, Edward better live up to his nickname of "Fast Eddie"

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            I can't complain get him out the way and hopefully Wilder is next
            Povetkin is a top 5 HW so I have no problem with him getting a shot, I’d much rather see AJ-Wilder first though...

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Povetkin is a top 5 HW so I have no problem with him getting a shot, I’d much rather see AJ-Wilder first though...
              Yep, but that is to much like right...

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
                People seem to be ignoring this.

These people, with more money than Matchroom, have said they won't step aside and they want the fight in Russia. Eddie Hearn has said both he and AJ don't want the fight in Russia. Talked about Povetkin possibly being the NYC fight. If Povetkin's people take it to purse bids then the World title is going to be splintered before we get the AJ vs. Deontay Wilder fight. Interesting thing is AJ could satisfy the mandatory for both the WBA and the WBO by fighting Povetkin, so it makes sense. The IBF doesn't currently have a mandatory.
                Unification trumps the mandatory, and that's already been made clear by the WBC, WBA, and IBF.

Povetkin can huff and puff all he wants

Comment

With wilder wanting so much, he probably earns more against povetkin in russia

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    He has to fight Povetkin or Wilder next
                    Yup, caught between a rock and hard place.

At this point, Povetkin is an easier fight of the two as he may be showing signs of decline (related possibly to PED use).

But he's still a dangerous opponent. If he lands that left hook, which he hasn't had difficulties missing combined with AJ's poor defense, AJ is going down.

To neutralize Povetkin, he may have to employ the Wlad method of leaning on him and jabbing.

But either way, he's going to have to face one of them next.

Comment

Saw a video just now, in it hearn was like it doesn't matter what any mandatory wants. If they agree on a deal then the Joshua/Wilder fight happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X