No announcement yet.

Thurman response to Floyd about ducking Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Lol Angel Garcia is a flking embarrassment... Dudes on so much coke he can't stop twitching in his seat....
    the dude is a cartoon character

he's basically a circus sideshow freak show attraction

Comment

I didn't give Thurman much grief when people first mentioned Spence because Spence hadn't fought anybody yet. He was just at prospect level. Now Spence has graduated to a contender and if Thurman was still fighting bums like Collazo then you could make the case he ducking. But he stepped up and fought Porter and now is fighting Garcia. These are all more accomplished fighters who bring more money and stature if you beat them. Spence is talented but still unproven at the world champion level. Spence will get his shot a thurman but needs to first grab that title from Brook and maybe add a legit top name on his resume. Then and only then if thurman don't fight him he is ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
        nobody was mentioning Spence let alone hyping him until Floyd gave him a co-sign.. fact. that shows me Spence was really giving Floyd that work in sparring.

but Keith is spot on with all he said, he was in Spence's shoes and was ducked by everybody, even Paulie Malignaggi said he was a nobody. time flies. and it's well known Marcos Maidana ducked Thurman for years.

he also said Floyd never acknowledged Paul Williams, who was also the Errol Spence years back..he's right.

something tells me Floyd is fighting the winner of Garcia/Thurman for #50.
        Floyd won't touch that he rather fight an easy Conner for 50

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Along with the press conference eruption from the usual nutcase, Angel Garcia.

the face of the security guy behind angel every time he said "bitch ass nig*a" dude was, wtf did i just heard?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Paul Williams was a flawed imitation of Chico Corrales, and would have gotten handily outworked by PBF. Martinez basically beat him twice, Lara beat him...come on.

The real reason he didn't bother with that fight is that Williams was not a draw. He was still an up an comer in the bigger picture. PBF was going after the big names.

Williams and Spence aren't in the same class. Spence has not been given a gift decision, and until that happens, I consider him way above Williams in terms of closing the book on fights.
            Williams kryptonite was the southpaw. Quintana, Martinez, and even Lara if you want to give him that fake win.
            Floyd avoided tall bangers with range for a reason.
            Your last statement, lmao. Williams closed the book on championships. Spence has beaten who again?

Comment

Even though he is retired Mayweather tries to run boxing from retirement. He doesn't want to continue to fight and take punishment in his older age and that is understandable. He is an attention junkie and can't stand not being the center of attention anymore. But that's the price of retirement. He still puts his 2 cents worth in on so many boxing matters that are really none of his business. Thurman fighting Garcia should be cause for boxing fans to rejoice. In a better boxing world Spence would fight Brook for the WBA welterweight title. If Brook vacates his tile then Spence should fight the highest ranked other WBA welterweight contender for that title. If Spence becomes a champion then he should get a fight with the Thurman vs.Garcia winner.

Comment

That was a very good press conference

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Damn tha boy looks shook and depressed not his usual self after Angel went in on him...but once Spence KO's Kell Brook 'Runtime' should be a contender for the IBF having taking a L to Swift...but then again Spence is too much for him...wow no wonder hes looking so gloomy end of the road buddy.
                  Lol, I was wondering if anyone else noticed. It's maybe the first time I've seen him interviewed where he doesn't look high. Someone needs to pinch his cheeks and tell him it's gonna be ok.

Also, when did Floyd wake up and decide he was going to start fires all over the scene? Guy is doing a hell of a lot of talking for someone who is 100% retired and whose stable isn't fighting any of the guys he's talking about. I think he misses the game. And, the spotlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    the dude is a cartoon character

he's basically a circus sideshow freak show attraction
                    Nah he isn't a freak show attraction, he is the dude standing outside the freak show running his mouth about the freaks and about how passers by can't handle it.

Comment

I only watched half of that but keef actually seems articulate in this one lol

I like what he says though and he is spot on.

Comment

Working...
                      X