Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the GGG/Jacobs fight PPV flops, will GGG fans finally admit he's not a PPV star?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least we will see what GGG's mainstream appeal is since he's carrying this fight. After Kovalev/Ward my expectations are low. This fight and Canelo/Chavez Jr. will set the market when it comes to their negotiations. Loeffler better earn his check and promote the hell out of this one.

Comment

Maybe we probably need to reassess how we judge PPV sales. The levels reached by Floyd, Tyson, ODH, Holyfield and Manny are likely not going to happen for current active fighters.

We grew with those fighters. Watched them from the beginning. We were invested in their because we connected with them

We haven't been able to do that with Canelo, GGG, chocalito, Kov, Ward etc. because boxing isn't as big, isn't on TV as much and some of the fighters developed outside the US.

I may not be a GGG fan, but it would help the sport if the Jacobs PPV sold 300k+ PPV's.

It's better for the sport if solid fights like this do well rather than garbage fights with big names (cotto/kirkland or Manny/horn).

Comment

[QUOTE=Isaac Clarke;17330286]What a ******.

Lol well I am using Floyd Mayweather Jr's logic with my statement...

Comment

Who's saying he's a PPV star?

There's absolutely no proof that he draws on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
            Canelo, Pacquiao, Haye, Brook, Anthony Joshua, Miguel Cotto (your avatar)

Then potential guys
            Khan If he remained fighting in Britain
            Chavez Jr If he makes a continued comeback shows improvements and wins a belt
            Khan PPV star in Britain?

Even when he did fight on PPV in Britain his numbers sucked. That was when his stock was at its highest.

Comment

Haven't heard people say GGG is a PPV STAR? I've heard that he is a draw, which is fair to say. He sells tickets and his fights on regular HBO did good numbers. But I don't recall anyone saying he was a PPV STAR. In fact, the only true PPV stars after May/Pac have been Ronda and Conor.

I seriously question if GGG-Canelo does a million buys.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Khan PPV star in Britain?

Even when he did fight on PPV in Britain his numbers sucked. That was when his stock was at its highest.
                Bitter about Khan being a PPV star in Britain smh, you know Brook would be nothing without Khan's name to hype off of.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                  Why are people wishing good boxing matches fail?
                  because it gives their life some sort of validation I guess.....

Comment

After the Mayweather vs Manny disaster who wants to spend the cash? It looked like a really bad spar session.......

There are very few great fighters today there are "current greats" that today's fans who have no back ground in the the sport think are ATG's but there not!

Koval & Ward are the best at 175 but neither guy can generate interest or excitement for a huge ppv number.

GGG vs Jacobs is a match of the best at 160, stop crying and enjoy that the match up was made!

The best fighter today is Roman Gonzales but he won't get the praises he deserves because of his size. Most boxing fans are ignorant when any size discussion is explored.

GGG vs Canelo is the only ppv that is capable of respectable numbers.

Ray

Comment

Top kek. First the nerds tell GGG to pay Jacobs big money for fight. Then they wish the ppv fails and he can't pay big money in the future so they can whine about how GGG doesn't get big fights and should pay up. Bunch of morons you lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X