Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubrat Pulev vs Samuel Peter HW fight of the year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubrat Pulev vs Samuel Peter HW fight of the year?

I think that the Pulev vs Peter heavyweight fight on saturday night has the potential to be the fight of the year.

Peter is 36 years old, and fighting Pulev, who is ranked #2 or #3.
    With a win, Peter stands to get another title shot or at least a couple lucrative fights. He appears to be in shape and taking the fight seriously, and has good reason to fight his heart out.

Pulev is 35 and needs a win to to stay in the top 5 and get another title shot. Pulev is fighting in his home country and feels a great deal of pride in that. He has been working hard on his game, and looks ready.

Peter is a pressure fighter, and Pulev is a boxer puncher.
    Styles make fights and this one sets up to be a great action fight.
    Peter will apply steady pressure, and Pulev will box and slug.

I would actually see either one of these guys fight Ortiz, but that figures to happen after this fight.

I think both these guys are going to have to come off the canvas, and they both have a history of being able to do that.

I see multiple knockdowns because nobody is going to be running.

In the end, I see Pulev's jab and conditioning bringing home the bacon.

not sure if srs

Comment

Comment

Heh, Samuel Peter v Gilbert Martinez was on ESPN Classic Boxing last night (NZ time). I think he was 24 during that fight.

Last chance saloon for Peter I think. Pulev isn't far off that either.

Comment

Im respect to your opinion but I dont think so, Samuel Peter is a boxer who has already retired years ago. This fight is just a show for boxing fans in Sofia/Bulgaria. Most likely Kubrat Pulev'll win this fight.

Comment

Comment

You forgot to put "worst" in front of fight of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by watchayouhead View Post
                I think that the Pulev vs Peter heavyweight fight on saturday night has the potential to be the fight of the year.

Peter is 36 years old, and fighting Pulev, who is ranked #2 or #3.
                With a win, Peter stands to get another title shot or at least a couple lucrative fights. He appears to be in shape and taking the fight seriously, and has good reason to fight his heart out.

Pulev is 35 and needs a win to to stay in the top 5 and get another title shot. Pulev is fighting in his home country and feels a great deal of pride in that. He has been working hard on his game, and looks ready.

Peter is a pressure fighter, and Pulev is a boxer puncher.
                Styles make fights and this one sets up to be a great action fight.
                Peter will apply steady pressure, and Pulev will box and slug.

I would actually see either one of these guys fight Ortiz, but that figures to happen after this fight.

I think both these guys are going to have to come off the canvas, and they both have a history of being able to do that.

I see multiple knockdowns because nobody is going to be running.

In the end, I see Pulev's jab and conditioning bringing home the bacon.
                Excuse me????

Comment

Performance of the year! Samuel ''Nigerian Nightmare'' Peter!

Comment

Working...
                  X