Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else gets extremely nervous during big fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else gets extremely nervous during big fights?

Man as much as I enjoy and love boxing for big fights I get so nervous and tence it's kinda like a double Edge sword because at the time or at least first 5 rds I can't even enjoy it because I'm so shook, anyone else experience this?

It depends if I have real money on it. Or that I just like that fighter that much, or dislike the other fighter in the ring.

Comment

aye, usually i get a huge surge of energy and can barely sit still watching, after the fight im left having to workout

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
        It depends if I have real money on it. Or that I just like that fighter that much, or dislike the other fighter in the ring.
        lol I do. Trout vs Canelo and Martinez vs Murray are the most recent lol.
        But I enjoy it because obviously they are doing something right to get us that into it lol

Comment

If I got some cash on it I get extremely nervous. Or if it's a 50/50 fight going in and I like both fighters the same I get extremely nervous too.

Comment

What really gets to me is when it's a big even and the national anthems are going down, I guess the anticipation is what gets to me big. I once paused it then came back 20 mins later fast forward it to the fight and it made it easier .

Comment

Can't say nervous, but if it's a really great fight, I'll get so edge-of-my-seat excited that I'll be drained afterward and sometimes even have achy, flu-like symptoms for an hour afterward from the energy dump. Martinez/Chavez was the last one to tax me like that.

Comment

no need to be nervous unless you have money on it
                or if you're hosting and have casuals watching with you
                then you're nervous about the fight sucking; you hope it will impress
                past that, watching big fights is a blast
                even if your guy loses, if the fight was good it's ok

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
                  It depends if I have real money on it.
                  This^^^

It's also hard to enjoy the fight in this case because you're biting your nails the whole time hoping it goes your way. I had a grand on Pac to not stop Marg and was nervous as hell the last few round thinking they would stop it

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    no need to be nervous unless you have money on it
                    or if you're hosting and have casuals watching with you
                    then you're nervous about the fight sucking; you hope it will impress
                    past that, watching big fights is a blast
                    even if your guy loses, if the fight was good it's ok
                    I wish I was like u lol , I'd enjoy fights so much more without getting nervous.

Comment

Working...
                    X