Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Marquez KO'ing Manny, how does Floyd's Marquez Win Look?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
    He came off a 2 year lay off and won basically every round against Marquez. Even marquez said the reason was because Floyd is too difficult to figure out.

After that, Marquez goes back to welterweight and fights Pacquiao to a MD loss and brutal KO win.

Has the win gotten better with age? Reminds me of Lewis' TKO6 over Vitali in a lot of ways.
    Actually, Marquez said he felt he would do better if he had more time to adapt to the weight...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      I disagree, I think it shows well for Mayweather and the reason I think is because of Marquez skill.

I agree, he is way too small for Mayweather but I never expected Mayweather to dominate him the way he did. He wasn't really trying to KO him, well I shouldn't say he wasn't trying but I think he was boxing and counter punching the counter puncher and did it masterfully.

Pac on the other hand is a boxer/puncher at best. He doesn't possess the skill that either Marquez or Mayweather have the only difference is that he is freakishly strong, fast and moves very good in and out. Pac has depended on his power to make him great, which is fine and not the first time it's happened in the sport of boxing but I just think that watching Mayweather pick apart Marquez the way he did was very impressive considering Marquez can make a difficult fight for anyone.
      Im starting to think that you aren't actually a mexican.

Comment

Floyd made JMM move up two divisions in weight. Meanwhile Floyd Cheats JMM on the scales and comes in even heavier on fight night! So he fought a fatten slow JMM fighting in a division he never fought in. Had floyd moved down to his territory in his weight class it may have been better. Also fighing him one time compared to 4 is not even comparable!

Comment

He cheated on the scales to beat a flabby lightweight nothing is going to change that.

Comment

If the fight happened again the night Manny got flattened you would get the same result , Floyd came of a 2 yrs lay off and weighed a pound lighter than Manny did , the greatness shown in this fight is in how EASY Floyd beat him , it was not expected that anybody within a few pounds of JMM could totally own him like that , Manny has struggled every fight with JMM and finally got face planted , JMM could not come close to winning a single round from Floyd , thats special !

The weights of JMM the 2 fights prior to Floyd were 135 , the weights of JMM 2 fights prior to Manny were 134 138 , Manny weighed 147 and Floyd 146 , no matter what way you slice it there is only 1-3 lbs swing between them , now if you listen to the Pac ******s 2 pounds dont man anything , well to Cotto it didnt mean anything lol , but it means Floyd cheated when it concerns him , bunch of boxing ignorant fanboys that need to learn boxing past their TV .

Comment

Must agree, Floyd´s win over JMM means nothing. There is a reason why fighters get trashed when they cherry pick smaller opponents from lower weight divisions, not even mention cheating at the catch weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
                Must agree, Floyd´s win over JMM means nothing. There is a reason why fighters get trashed when they cherry pick smaller opponents from lower weight divisions, not even mention cheating at the catch weight.
                Manny brought Juan up just the same you dopey idiot LOL . and Manny has been been bigger than Juan in every fight , you boys really know nothing about weight only the face value numbers not what they mean .

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
                  Funny thing is he will get great credit in the history books , forum haters dont get a say in them .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Funny thing is he will get great credit in the history books , forum haters dont get a say in them .
                    The funny thing is you might actually believe that.

Comment

Becomes one of his best wins

Comment

Working...
                      X