Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing be scrapped from the Olympics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL wonder if the TS would have made this thread had US boxing not lost 8 in a row.

Comment

If I'm answering the question, I think that the introduction of the 10-point must system will fix most of the problems that can be fixed. I don't know anything about corruption so I won't waste time with idle speculation. However, I do question the objectivity of the TS given the timing of the thread...

Comment

If the robberies continue like this, yes

Comment

Olympic boxing should be done away with! There's poor judging, bad reffing and corruption! It should be more like the pros! Oh, wait...

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post

Without the AM sport, there is no Ali, no Jones, no Mayweather, no De La Hoya, no Khan, and no Ward.
            And no George Foreman.

Comment

In all seriousness, the current system was put in place precisely because the old system was deemed too easily corruptible. The powers-that-be attempted to take the judging element out of Olympic boxing. What they didn't bank on was some peoples' limitless capacity for shamelessness.

We have terrible decisions in the pros using the ten-point-must system. What makes us think it'll be any different in the amateurs? It'll be a long time before they can implement a genuinely fair system.

Comment

Fck Olympic Boxing!

Comment

Roy jones ruined amateur boxing

Comment

Yes they should scrap it completely. This kids train hard with hopes and the scoring system and the judges don't do justice to the sport.

Too many bad decisions and in the end you don't have the legit best fightig the best.

Comment

Lol @ the reactions because the US boxing team got owned. When all the Americans got through initially there was no criticism.

The only I would change is giving more incentive (points) for KD's.

Comment

Working...
                      X