Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do fighters become "worthy" to fight Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whenever they want their asses kicked

Comment

According to his last 2 fights and his upcoming fight it would be when the opponent is not ranked in the top 10 P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
        I'm not a Floyd fan in the slightest but the ts is right.It's a shame really,but Pacman really hasn't fought a fighter in a rather long time that looked impressive up to 2 fights before.

His fans can try to deny it all they want,but there is no getting past the truth.Hatton & DLH are his most credible victories above 135 & Diaz was the weakest champion at that weight.I don't care what anyone says,I want to know why the Cotto fight had to be at 145.
        Exactly. But...

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
          Exactly. But...

But what Homey......................................??Oooop s,never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
            I'm not a Floyd fan in the slightest but the ts is right.It's a shame really,but Pacman really hasn't fought a fighter in a rather long time that looked impressive up to 2 fights before.

His fans can try to deny it all they want,but there is no getting past the truth.Hatton & DLH are his most credible victories above 135 & Diaz was the weakest champion at that weight.I don't care what anyone says,I want to know why the Cotto fight had to be at 145.
            bro let me know too man

i been wondering that for some time now..

and i co sign ur post bro

Comment

when a major flaw or weakness has be exposed in a recent fight throw in a loss or a catch weight and you got a shot

Comment

Arum and Roach really know how to pick em.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
                  no it isn't...

the catch weight didn't make a difference.

that's a better win for pacquiao than any of floyd's victory at ww.
                  come on dude, Cotto was weight-drained. The fight would have definitely been more competitive if Cotto was allowed to weigh in at 147.

Let me ask you something...

Question: Why did Pacman allow Clottey to weigh in at 147lbs, but demanded Cotto weigh in at 145lbs?

Answer: Because he knew Cotto was a dangerous opponent. He therefore wanted to weight-drain Cotto so that he wouldn't pack as much punch, would have less stamina and also less punch resistance. Plus with Cotto, there's always the chance he come in overweight, e.g 146lbs, that way Pacman gets some compensation $$$.

Regarding Clottey, Pacman knew that Clottey would pose no threat at all so he let him fight at 147... Cherry picking is at it's finest when people don't notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
                    come on dude, Cotto was weight-drained. The fight would have definitely been more competitive if Cotto was allowed to weigh in at 147.

Let me ask you something...

Question: Why did Pacman allow Clottey to weigh in at 147lbs, but demanded Cotto weigh in at 145lbs?

Answer: Because he knew Cotto was a dangerous opponent. He therefore wanted to weight-drain Cotto so that he wouldn't pack as much punch, would have less stamina and also less punch resistance. Plus with Cotto, there's always the chance he come in overweight, e.g 146lbs, that way Pacman gets some compensation $$$.

Regarding Clottey, Pacman knew that Clottey would pose no threat at all so he let him fight at 147... Cherry picking is at it's finest when people don't notice it.
                    Because Pac was not a legitimate WW then. Even after Pac demolished De La Hoya, they were attributing that to Oscar's conditioning more than to Pac's performance at that weight. Hatton was at Jr. WW.

Now, Cotto weighed in at 146 in his previous fight, asking him to weigh in at 145 its not a stretch.. Not to mention his performance in the fight was not attributed to weight drain..Cotto himself didnt complain about the weight... The odds even with the catchweight was 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 which makes it a close fight going in..

Another thing.. that fight was one of the factors that is fueling Sr's suspicion for Pac's PED use...Because he was taking solid shot from a full blown WW. You cannot accuse Pac of PED use if you think the other fighter is dehydrated. Since if he is dehydrated then Cotto's shots would have not been in full force...

All you are doing now is whining.. The fight was legitimate despite the catchweight, and it was a great win by Pac. The only thing that people were complaining about the fight then is the WBO title but everything else was fair for both fighters.
                    Last edited by mikemurni; 01-08-2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
                      Because Pac was not a legitimate WW then. Even after Pac demolished De La Hoya, they were attributing that to Oscar's conditioning more than to Pac's performance at that weight. Hatton was at Jr. WW.

Now, Cotto weighed in at 146 in his previous fight, asking him to weigh in at 145 its not a stretch.. Not to mention his performance in the fight was not attributed to weight drain..Cotto himself didnt complain about the weight... The odds even with the catchweight was 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 which makes it a close fight going in..

Another thing.. that fight was one of the factors that is fueling Sr's suspicion for Pac's PED use...Because he was taking solid shot from a full blown WW. You cannot accuse Pac of PED use if you think the other fighter is dehydrated. Since if he is dehydrated then Cotto's shots would have not been in full force...

All you are doing now is whining.. The fight was legitimate despite the catchweight, and it was a great win by Pac. The only thing that people were complaining about the fight then is the WBO title but everything else was fair for both fighters.
                      All of that is fine & dandy,but ur still saying exactly what it was.Pacman asked for 145 against Cotto for a reason,now just go ahead & say what it was for,I dare U.

Comment

Working...
                      X