Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricardo Mayorga: MMA Debut Set For March 2010

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayorga is old, shot and barely trains anymore. That said if he learns a decent takedown defence and actually trains hard he might win.

And even if he does show up looking atrocious, he's always in with a punchers chance.

Comment

i love mayorga hes a warrior too bad he got tired with that fight with tito
      but hey he fits the MMA then.. fighters who always get tired hella early on in the fight.. hahaha jk jk mayorga fans

Comment

I read somewhere he likes going down on dirty whores, it will be interesting to see this fight but I would rather see him fight Angulo. I'm sure after he gets his 5k Paycheck he will just right back into boxing.

Comment

I wish him well and I hope he can represent boxing well with a few wins but it's a big switch, I doubt he can or will beat any top guy with a ground game.

Comment

If Mayorga "really" takes this serious and gets in fighting shape, it won't go to the ground. Mark my words. Especially, if the mma dude gets stupid and decides he thinks he can beat Mayorga standing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
              I wish him well and I hope he can represent boxing well with a few wins but it's a big switch, I doubt he can or will beat any top guy with a ground game.
              ^ What he said.

On the other hand, he's like a streetfightin', brawlin', natural tough-guy type dude. Maybe he's got or will have a way of avoiding being taken down immediately. If he can stay on his feet, it won't take him long to get his opponent in serious trouble.

War Mayorga!!

Comment

Mayorga ain't gonna learn any ground fuhtjng, but I hope lays that ****** Din Thomas out flat.

Comment

Wasn't Mayorga a street fighter/gang leader in Nicaragua before he became a boxer? That's gotta count for some kinda MMA training no?

Comment

what I find amusing is that people think Mayorga or any boxer going into MMA is going in there completely unprepared only expecting to do stand up. Of course he's going to train take downs and how to defend them.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                      what I find amusing is that people think Mayorga or any boxer going into MMA is going in there completely unprepared only expecting to do stand up. Of course he's going to train take downs and how to defend them.
                      I agree, they feel that it is illegal for a boxer to use his legs or something

Comment

Working...
                      X