Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Jones Jr. ask Toney for a 164 catch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Jones Jr. ask Toney for a 164 catch?

What's the benefit or advantage for yapping other legit weights when the main party doesn't own up to it? Seriously, what's the point of saying 154 or 168, but then the actual trainer states, ''we can't fight 154 pounders or else you guys will complain that my fighter is picking on a lower class...''

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    What's the benefit or advantage for yapping other legit weights when the main party doesn't own up to it? Seriously, what's the point of saying 154 or 168, but then the actual trainer states, ''we can't fight 154 pounders or else you guys will complain that my fighter is picking on a lower class...''
    Roy Jones Jr fought James Toney for his title at 168, and weighed in at 168 while Toney weighed in at 167.

Comment

RJJ didn't need to, he already knew Toney was struggling to make 168. Also RJJ already had 3 fights at 168 to test himself out before Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by Achille View Post
        Roy Jones Jr fought James Toney for his title at 168, and weighed in at 168 while Toney weighed in at 167.
        ^^^^^^^

This ..

Comment

there is is your first problem.....comparing an unproven hype job to rjj.

Comment

great. the rhetorical question has been fulfilled to make the point clear! Nice they made the scales, what were their weights fight night?

Comment

great. the rhetorical question has been fulfilled to make the point clear! Nice they made the scales, what were their weights fight night?
              http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:8934

Toney entered the ring at 182. Jones was 168 at the official weigh-in and went to the ring at 178.

Comment

dear sir I apologize for coming off sarcastic. Nobody wanted to go into detail about the description information I insinuated...if you know what I mean.

Comment

dear sir I apologize for coming off sarcastic. Nobody wanted to go into detail about the description information I insinuated...if you know what I mean.
                  But do you have a youtube link to the don king educational channel that taught you English?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    RJJ didn't need to, he already knew Toney was struggling to make 168. Also RJJ already had 3 fights at 168 to test himself out before Toney.
                    Ok so why doesn't Golovkin have a few fights at 168 first before he faces Ward?

Oh yeah.....they have to be big PPVs

Comment

Working...
                    X