Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AJ ducking wilder movement. Anti ducking spring season.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I think Hearn is doing what DLH did with Canelo. He doesn't have great confidence in his guy beating the other guy so he's going to milk that money for a while until a showdown is unavoidable. AJ will not be a star in the US because of this, but I think Hearn realized that his claims of AJ behind a global star were empty anyway. When UK fans start to resent AJ for ducking like Mexicans resented Canelo, then you'll see this fight go down.
    Very good points bro. I think hearn is milking this run while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      Aj is soo shook he didn’t even want to invite wilder in the ring probably so he can call out fat fury or maybe even Eddie chambers, he supposedly wants to unify but doesn’t want the main belt the green strap has always been #1. He also ducked Ortiz hard cause he was scared of him and now that he saw what wilder did he’s even more shook of wilder now.
      Two things AJ fears people that can box more proficient then he and people with equal if not better power so the three bogeymen for AJ would be wilder, ortiz, fury

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        How can they even make that sort of claim is beyond me!
        They get sucked into the hype provided by sky promotion and hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I honestly don’t think Hearn thought AJ is ready, that’s how boxing is though. I think the belts exposes AJ even more, but I do think if the fight present itself in terms of % then they would be more open to doing that fight next. Wilder’s team took their time with him to get to this point and I think Hearn is thinking the same thing.
          Yeah very good insight Ray, I also think hearn knows furys coming back those belts soon too

Comment

Ducking only applies when the other side made an offer.
            In this case, there was nothing made from the Wilder's camp.
            There's nothing to duck. Just mere yapping and crying in the media.

Comment

I wish there was more honesty and openness in boxing. It wouldn't be a bad thing. I think AJ himself would take the fight as long as his demands are met. It's Hearn putting the breaks on. Just not sure if it's because he doesn't like the odds, or he knows if AJ wins he can probably promote himself thereafter. The part that annoys me is that they deflect the blame onto Wilder, who clearly wants the fight.

Comment

People need to bear in mind, AJ has two fights left on his Matchroom contract. I'm pretty sure Eddie will have AJ make a generic defence in his final fight, after Parker, then use the Wilder fight like a carrot to get AJ to renew. Imagine if AJ beats Parker and Wilder, then his contract ends and he's undisputed, lineal Heavyweight champion, one of the most marketable athletes in the world? He'll be getting offers from all over the place.

Comment

AJ was so scared he fought Wlad. There is a reason Wilder didn’t want to fly across the pond, he wants nothing to do with the Brit.

Comment

Working...
                  X