Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prediction: Andre Ward will be booed in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason they waited so long to announce Ward as part of the card was to minimize the effect he would have on ticket sales. Right now there are probably people holding tickets right now who are reconsidering going to the fight and thinking of selling their tickets and watching a stream.

Ward is draw spelled backwards, you know. And he empties arenas, he doesn't fill them.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Moral victory for the gennady groupies I suppose. Too bad gg won't get in there with him
      GGG vs ward at 160 all nite long baby

Comment

Originally posted by freedom. View Post
        no.

But no matter who he fights, or how he fights, you will support him.
        lets just keep it real ok,you hate him because he is a threat to ggg and kovalev and you know he is the best fighter in that soan of weight classes...same way you hated on mayweather and made stupid threads about him...yet you praise ggg and other fighters for doing far less. Certain fighters can do not wrong with you and others can never do right with you. I call a spade a spade,how can you say i will support ward regardless?? Since when am i a huge ward fan?

Comment

Him being booed is a logical conclusion to come to. I mean they certainly won't be cheering for him cuz he's not done anything anyone gives a f#ck about since the Dawson fight 3 years ago & this fight isn't gonna get anyone excited. Its a shame such a talented fighter has wasted so much of his limited time in this sport & some of his best years.

Is it official than that Ward will be moving to 175? Seeing some people suggesting that, but I hadn't seen anyone from Ward's camp or Ward himself say that. Maybe I missed some news doe.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            lets just keep it real ok,you hate him because he is a threat to ggg and kovalev and you know he is the best fighter in that soan of weight classes...same way you hated on mayweather and made stupid threads about him...yet you praise ggg and other fighters for doing far less. Certain fighters can do not wrong with you and others can never do right with you. I call a spade a spade,how can you say i will support ward regardless?? Since when am i a huge ward fan?
            I can't even reply to freedom anymore. Either he's really that dumb, or he just like to play stupid and oblivious. Possibly the most biased poster on this entire board

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Him being booed is a logical conclusion to come to. I mean they certainly won't be cheering for him cuz he's not done anything anyone gives a f#ck about since the Dawson fight 3 years ago & this fight isn't gonna get anyone excited. Its a shame such a talented fighter has wasted so much of his limited time in this sport & some of his best years.

Is it official than that Ward will be moving to 175? Seeing some people suggesting that, but I hadn't seen anyone from Ward's camp or Ward himself say that. Maybe I missed some news doe.
              Nothing official as of yet. They do not want ticket sales for the fight to come to a screeching halt. May not be announced until the venue is sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                I can't even reply to freedom anymore. Either he's really that dumb, or he just like to play stupid and oblivious. Possibly the most biased poster on this entire board
                reply to this: ward vs GGG at 160

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  You're making a fool out of yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    GGG fights at 160, he just unified two belts and is the WBC mandatory for the winner of Cotto-Alvarez.

Ward will be fighting at 175 now.

Why won't he fight a legit 175 pound opponent? Why did he demand a 168 pound, inexperienced, age 23 Aussie move up in weight?

Why does the prima donna Andre Ward always want SMALLER BOXERS TO MOVE UP IN WEIGHT FOR HIM?
                    Or bigger boxers to drain themself down like Chad Dawsons

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      Paul Smith was a career super middleweight... so I honestly don't see how you are complaining about that catchweight, which benefited him btw because he didn't have to cut down all the way to the super middleweight limit & who was 165 his last fight before Ward.

What fighters has he "made move up"? Please give me the list of those names that you are always crying about.

Yes why can't ggg move up ONE weight class? He can move up one weight class for Froch & for Chavez jr but not for Ward, who's hands down, better than both of them? Does lil' g the killer actually need a handicap as ya call it in order to fight Ward?

Yes I agree that aussie kid is inexperienced and they should pick someone else...

Did you say the same for ggg vs julio tapia who only fought once outside of panama? how about fuchigami who never fought outside of japan?

Why did ggg defend his wba title vs ouma who lost 5 ouf of 7 previous fights and only had one fight at 160?
                      Did anyone have a clue who GGG was at that time? Was he rated the number 1 or 2 P4P fighter in the world at that time?

Ward is supposed to be the best fighter in the world according to some in the boxing media and according to his fans. Is this the level of competition the 'best fighter in the world' should be fighting?

It is a total disgrace, a total farce. If this fight was on regular HBO I would cancel my subscription out of protest. It is an embarrassment to the sport and an insult to all fans of the sport. If this is the crap that we have to look forward to in the future, then I wish Haymon and PBC all the success in the world and hope they take over the sport so that I can stop watching it as it becomes a bigger joke than professional wrestling.

Comment

Working...
                      X