Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What direction is the force in this punch going?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What direction is the force in this punch going?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Su7i8mvJ0NM

This ace trainer has a slightly different way of doing things, his power mechanics are different.

Its a long range right hook.

Is the force of the punch traveling in a direction closer to a hook or is it traveling closer to a cross?

Is the force going forward like a cross or is it still going to the side like a 90 degree hook?

Yeah there's just one slight problem here, that's an arm punch. there's gonna be no power in it whatsoever

it's just pure wrist, zero hook. meaningless

Comment

Also to throw that kind of shot, it's practically a slap.

incorrect totally. don't try this

Comment

Originally posted by greenwitch View Post
        Also to throw that kind of shot, it's practically a slap.

incorrect totally. don't try this
        He was just keeping his list/hand loose since its a demo lol

OR IS IT DIAGONAL FORCE???

Comment

it's still going to end up being a slap

Comment

it's still going to end up being a slap
            You're a slap. Hes demonstrating relaxation, a good strike is relaxed up until impact, so it can reach high speeds, since he isnt connecting with anything solid he keeps it relaxed. Thats a good habit. He is a highly skilled trainer. You are a push puncher.

I bet you push people around the ring really hard lol

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
              You're a slap. Hes demonstrating relaxation, a good strike is relaxed up until impact, so it can reach high speeds, since he isnt connecting with anything solid he keeps it relaxed. Thats a good habit. He is a highly skilled trainer. You are a push puncher.

I bet you push people around the ring really hard lol
              True, that's what they refer to as having "pop" behind your punches. And push punchers are good at agitating your footing & guard but their shots aren't as effective as they believe.

It's a unorthodox technique but I need to see it applied in a real live fight. Will practice on the bag and see if I'll take it with me to the ring.
              Last edited by TonitosWay; 01-04-2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

listen mate, you asked the question. i'm giving you the answer.

it's an incorrect punch, it's wrong, don't throw it. tonito has already called it 'unorthodox'

i'm going with 'incorrect' either throw a hook or throw a straight, there's no inbetween.

learn your basics first, before looking at silly ideas, novice

Comment

listen mate, you asked the question. i'm giving you the answer.

it's an incorrect punch, it's wrong, don't throw it. tonito has already called it 'unorthodox'

i'm going with 'incorrect' either throw a hook or throw a straight, there's no inbetween.

learn your basics first, before looking at silly ideas, novice
                  you're very much wrong
                  it's a perfectly valid technique
                  difficult to perform well but so what
                  the shot has a degree of power given the turning of the hips and transfer of weight, just as in a straight right -
                  the video ain't bad actually but as is typical here in england there is no actual movement of the feet which is a very important element of throwing this shot in my opinion, both tactically (moving in and out of range with this fairly risky shot) and technically (power and speed)

the cubans teach this shot properly and use it well

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Su7i8mvJ0NM

This ace trainer has a slightly different way of doing things, his power mechanics are different.

Its a long range right hook.

Is the force of the punch traveling in a direction closer to a hook or is it traveling closer to a cross?

Is the force going forward like a cross or is it still going to the side like a 90 degree hook?
                    it's basically a straight right with a kink in it, the force is going forwards, the punch however impacts with a slight angle
                    throw a straight right and as you turn it over as normal also allow the elbow to kick out slightly to the sidetowards the end of the movement et voila

Comment

Working...
                    X