Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of children killed by drone strikes under Obama.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    I don't think it's particularly scandalous. There is an ongoing war, most of those named were very likely to be combatants. Do you dispute this?
    The official US policy is to classify every 'combat age' male as a, quote, "enemy combatant".

Look it up.

If you insist, I will supply a source for you. But, it may be healthy for you to look it up yourself. This is, 100% factually the case, though.

If the outstanding questions are the usual ones that get asked then no, there are no outstanding questions. They've all been answered to the satisfaction of anyone who does not enter the argument in bad faith.

What should the administration have done to mitigate or prevent 9/11?
    We've had this argument enough times. Nothing new under the sun to be had. We understand each other enough, that's all we are going to get to.

Comment

Blame Bin Laden and the crew. They initiated this with 9/11. I have no sympathy. Stop being so shortsighted, and understand why we stepped up the pressure on those with terrorist ties in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
        but the thing is the US isn't at war with pakistan, yemen, somalia, and all the other countries it's drone striking...
        Bin laden was in Pakistan. Close thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          The official US policy is to classify every 'combat age' male as a, quote, "enemy combatant".

Look it up.
          I don't doubt that they do. Is this an unreasonable assumption? Bear in mind that the enemy is in fact hiding among the civilian population deliberately.

but the thing is the US isn't at war with pakistan, yemen, somalia, and all the other countries it's drone striking...
          It is at war with stateless elements within those nations.

Comment

So you think it's better to pursue warfare that endangers the lives of American soldiers while being more likely to cause collateral damage deaths?
            That's actually what I came back into this thread to post lol. It's not like someone has strategic plans on how to conduct this war, sans American soldiers, and have tangible results the way these drones have. Nonetheless this "collateral damage" are still real people.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              That's actually what I came back into this thread to post lol. It's not like someone has strategic plans on how to conduct this war, sans American soldiers, and have tangible results the way these drones have. Nonetheless this "collateral damage" are still real people.
              Oh agreed. But I am still going to go back to the fact that this list of "children" includes males who would be legal adults in the United States.

doesn't make it legal.....
              The legality is disputed and the lethality is similarly disputed, exactly along partisan lines.

Comment

The legality is disputed and the lethality is similarly disputed, exactly along partisan lines.
                This statement, is false as can be.

The only dispute with respect to the 'legality' stems from the refusal of the US to abide by international legal conventions.

That's one thing.

But, what the hell are you talking about? Disputed exactly along partisan lines?

You make no sense.

A Democratic president has stepped up the drone warfare.

As I stated before, the right agrees with it, no criticism coming from them.

The 'left' doesn't criticize, because Obama has a 'D' in front of his name.

I don't get you, Squeal. Why is it that you are so invested in defense of the established power? You seem like a genuine guy, but you also are often illogical. Really, I can understand logic in most things. I have a problem with, but can nevertheless understand clearly, the arguments that the drone warfare is right, and just. Maybe I am wrong to have a problem with it, but I maintain this position, based on my personal sense of rightness and justness.

However, your statement like that it is disputed on "partisan lines" is purely disingenuous. There is no basis in facts for such a statement. You are slipping up, and exposing yourself as the hack that you really are, by producing such a false and irrational statement.

Comment

what's there to dispute? drone strikes violate a country's sovereignty, there is no congressional approval for these drone strikes either, many civilians are caught in these drone strikes (in turn inciting more anger towards the US)..and much of congress is left in the dark about these drone strikes...it's one of the worst things that the obama administration have been doing.

also some of these drone strikes have targeted/killed US citizens, which further violates constitutional rights...
                  It is known that the US strikes a target multiple times, as policy. They strike once. Then, when people come to help, they strike again.

This is established. Look it up if you don't believe me. It is true.

Comment

Working...
                  X