Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clottey vs Canelo, did yo like this fight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a Canelo fan I don't like it. Clottey is a very underrated fighter so if Canelo beats him he gets little credit for the win. The fight would be interesting but Canelo has nothing to gain from it. If Clottey beats someone like Kirkland or Molina or Lara then it would make sense for Canelo to fight him but to fight Clottey now makes no sense.

Comment

I would like to see it. Probably in the minority though.

Comment

I would love to see it. Clottey gives hell to Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
          in my opinion the best fight is vs Lara. But Cotto, Clottey and Trout are good fights. Same one dont consider Clottey a good fighter because the Pacquiao fight. But in my opinion he beat Cotto, and give a very good fight against Margarito. in my opinion is a good fight
          TBH, the last fight he had was the Paq fight and he did look terrible ala "youre only as good as your last fight". And that fight was ages ago.

Guys need to give it a rest.

Clottey ain't coming back and he sure as hell wont be coming back a world beater after this long of a layoff. And it wasnt like he was a world beater before the layoff either.

Comment

Used to be a fan of Clottey. But not no more. I'll say this, If Clottey got it into his big stupid head that you must throw punches to win fights, he'd be 1 dangerous nut to crack. Even if he just worked on pumping a stiff, hard jab.

But as of now, that fight is simply not interesting. Lil ginger is a champion, 154 is a hot division. Golden boy needs to put ginger in there with either a 154lb champ, or a solid contender. Hell even Chavez jr has stepped his game up. I don't think those at 154 deserved to be played silly to build ginger's star power. It hurts the sport & it's not fair to the other fighters.

Comment

Cotto-Canelo is THE fight.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                Cotto-Canelo is THE fight.
                Canelo isn't ready for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Canelo isn't ready for Cotto.
                  A world champion shouldn't have the option of (being ready, or not).

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    A world champion shouldn't have the option of (being ready, or not).
                    The reality is they do. A fight has to make sense. Malignaggi is world champion but they won't be putting him in there with Pacquiao.

GBP won't be throwing Canelo in there with Cotto, they made that clear after the Mayweather fight and I don't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      The reality is they do. A fight has to make sense. Malignaggi is world champion but they won't be putting him in there with Pacquiao.

GBP won't be throwing Canelo in there with Cotto, they made that clear after the Mayweather fight and I don't blame them.
                      Actually Paulie Pacman makes plenty sense right now. Considering Paulie by common logic cannot hurt Pacman & he has a piece of the strap. The only problem there is that Paulie might box circles around him ala Diaz!!

Comment

Working...
                      X