Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Marines are the New Crusaders of the Middle East.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Marines are the New Crusaders of the Middle East.

Hooo-raah! Muh-phukas!

250 insurgents get their virgins vs 30 Marines. Too bad the virgins are pigs.

Marine Makes Insurgents Pay the Price

November 18, 2008

Marine Corps News|by Cpl. James M. Mercure

FARAH PROVINCE, Afghanistan — In the city of Shewan, approximately 250 insurgents ambushed 30 Marines and paid a heavy price for it.

Shewan has historically been a safe haven for insurgents, who used to plan and stage attacks against Coalition Forces in the Bala Baluk district.

The city is home to several major insurgent leaders. Reports indicate that more than 250 full time fighters reside in the city and in the surrounding villages.

Shewan had been a thorn in the side of Task Force 2d Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force Afghanistan throughout the Marines’ deployment here in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, because it controls an important supply route into the Bala Baluk district. Opening the route was key to continuing combat operations in the area.

“The day started out with a 10-kilometer patrol with elements mounted and dismounted, so by the time we got to Shewan, we were pretty beat,” said a designated marksman who requested to remain unidentified. “Our vehicles came under a barrage of enemy RPGs (rocket propelled grenades) and machine gun fire. One of our ‘humvees’ was disabled from RPG fire, and the Marines inside dismounted and laid down suppression fire so they could evacuate a Marine who was knocked unconscious from the blast.”

The vicious attack that left the humvee destroyed and several of the Marines pinned down in the kill zone sparked an intense eight-hour battle as the platoon desperately fought to recover their comrades. After recovering the Marines trapped in the kill zone, another platoon sergeant personally led numerous attacks on enemy fortified positions while the platoon fought house to house and trench to trench in order to clear through the enemy ambush site.

“The biggest thing to take from that day is what Marines can accomplish when they’re given the opportunity to fight,” the sniper said. “A small group of Marines met a numerically superior force and embarrassed them in their own backyard. The insurgents told the townspeople that they were stronger than the Americans, and that day we showed them they were wrong.”

During the battle, the designated marksman single handedly thwarted a company-sized enemy RPG and machinegun ambush by reportedly killing 20 enemy fighters with his devastatingly accurate precision fire. He selflessly exposed himself time and again to intense enemy fire during a critical point in the eight-hour battle for Shewan in order to kill any enemy combatants who attempted to engage or maneuver on the Marines in the kill zone. What made his actions even more impressive was the fact that he didn’t miss any shots, despite the enemies’ rounds impacting within a foot of his fighting position.

“I was in my own little world,” the young corporal said. “I wasn’t even aware of a lot of the rounds impacting near my position, because I was concentrating so hard on making sure my rounds were on target.”

After calling for close-air support, the small group of Marines pushed forward and broke the enemies’ spirit as many of them dropped their weapons and fled the battlefield. At the end of the battle, the Marines had reduced an enemy stronghold, killed more than 50 insurgents and wounded several more.

“I didn’t realize how many bad guys there were until we had broken through the enemies’ lines and forced them to retreat. It was roughly 250 insurgents against 30 of us,” the corporal said. “It was a good day for the Marine Corps. We killed a lot of bad guys, and none of our guys were seriously injured
    Last edited by SnoopySmurf; 11-26-2008, 08:11 AM.

Wouldn't you superior weaponry cancel out their numerical advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
      Wouldn't you superior weaponry cancel out their numerical advantage
      Americans had M16's vs 250 with AK47's and RPGs. Still, 250 vs 30 on their own turf...the Marines didn't have it easy.

Comment

I couldn't be asked readinf it all as it got boring. All I know is the crusaders are dying like flies in Afghanistan which is poorer than poor can be. Them pashtuns are backward cave dwelling mother****ers, and see a tin hut as a phat crib. Their homemade AK47 replicas are holding up the so called sophisticated yanks up in them mountains for a while now. Same in Iraq. I think muslim Manchurian candidate will stop the yanks dying like flies in his second term.

This hocus pocus story reminds me of made up Bravo two Zero. A Brit journalist followed the trail and found out the bull****ting Chris Ryan had killed nobody bud did make it 200 miles on foot to Syrian border where the 'axis of evil' member saved him from dying like a dog. One of the so called casualties was actually an Iraqi copper who donated blood for his bleeding comrade. Lying ungrateful cocksucking twat!
        Last edited by JulioCesaChavez; 11-26-2008, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
          I couldn't be asked readinf it all as it got boring. All I know is the crusaders are dying like flies in Afghanistan which is poorer than poor can be. Them pashtuns are backward cave dwelling mother****ers, and see a tin hut as a phat crib. Their homemade AK47 replicas are holding up the so called sophisticated yanks up in them mountains for a while now. Same in Iraq. I think muslim Manchurian candidate will stop the yanks dying like flies in his second term.
          It's boring to you coz the US Marines kicked ass.

Comment

To be honest though, it really reads like some cheezy prop.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
              It's boring to you coz the US Marines kicked ass.
              You missed the second paragraph that I put in now son. If they were kiicking arse they wouldn't be coming back in bodybags everyday and failing to finish a war that started 6 years ago. This reminds me of the marines pathetic display in Vietnam! They talked the talk then too, but bottom line is if you let fat people like the suicidal maniac from Full Metal Jacket in, then it simply can't be an elite fighting force. You have to climb rope to get in French Foreign Legion. Them fat blobs can barely climb stairs.

Comment

They are not real warriors since they have all the advantages in this war. How about those Iraqi warriors fighting with nothing but thin piece of clothing with an AK 47, compared to American soldiers with full protection and always have back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
                  They are not real warriors since they have all the advantages in this war. How about those Iraqi warriors fighting with nothing but thin piece of clothing with an AK 47, compared to American soldiers with full protection and always have back up.
                  What a redneck *****! I bet he thought invading Iraq was linked to 9-11 the dumb ****. Now look at him! Crying like a girl because he lacked education. They also try making out insurgents are same as terrorists with links to non-existent Al Qaeeda. The truth is they are fighting for control of oil, and the insurgents are normal everyday people resisting occupation. Iraqis have a right to their own resources. Now that Saddam is dead they need to **** off and let them sort it out themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
                    You missed the second paragraph that I put in now son. If they were kiicking arse they wouldn't be coming back in bodybags everyday and failing to finish a war that started 6 years ago. This reminds me of the marines pathetic display in Vietnam! They talked the talk then too, but bottom line is if you let fat people like the suicidal maniac from Full Metal Jacket in, then it simply can't be an elite fighting force. You have to climb rope to get in French Foreign Legion. Them fat blobs can barely climb stairs.
                    This is ironic since your country got its ass kicked OUT of Vietnam. The US military was in Vietnam NOT to gain land. They went in to kill the N.Vietnamese and then left the scene. It was not a conventional warfare where the US would keep the land they took. They would have to pull back.

As for Marines coming back in body bags, they're aren't supermen. The US isn't in Afghanistan to conquer it as their own. Jesus, you French F***s are most famous for being surrender monkies.
                    Last edited by SnoopySmurf; 11-26-2008, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X