Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Aims To Punish: I'll Be Trying To Destroy Kell Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    Spence has sublime timing balance and punch variation. They say "he has no head movement!" but you have to wonder why he never gets hit cleanly. It's because he has PROPER PUNCH TECHNIQUE. He always bring his hands back to the proper position after he punches and he never...NEVER admires his work. He lands his shots then makes some sort of defensive move afterwards. Superior technique is the reason he will beat Brook.
    Spence does get hit cleanly when he goes to offensive. He has been lucky that his chin has held up and he had walked thru it.

Comment

This is a 50/50 fight as long as Brook makes weight with no problems and his eye is not a factor in the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
        Not as many people as the US. The two go hand in hand.
        Not as many people and also not as much time doing the activity of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
          Spence does get hit cleanly when he goes to offensive. He has been lucky that his chin has held up and he had walked thru it.
          Not as much as Brook

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
            This is a 50/50 fight as long as Brook makes weight with no problems and his eye is not a factor in the fight
            Making excuses for the foreigner already.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

Yea, I criticized his head movement until I started studying him a bit and realized he's just extremely aware of distance and his opponent's posture (if he's able to strike). That's a quality you usually only see in the elite. Even Pacquiao, who seems like he neglects head movement, is just very aware of when he's in the strike zone and will often just move himself slightly to attain a safer position.
              Watch a fight of Spence vs Noe Bolano (I just saw it the other day). Yeah Bolano isn't any good but I watch more to see how he can be so offensive, but not get cracked a few times. It's because he's defensively responsible when he throws punches. Holds the phone whenever he throws a hook (unlike Kell Brook, which is why GGG almost KO'd him in the first) always brings his hands back in the right position, and consistently takes just a half step back to allow his opponent to reach.
              At the end of the day he will have to prove his worth in 2 weeks. All this **** is conjecture until then.

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
                Why has there been no major promotion in the build up to this? its probably the most unpredictable fight of the year but feels like its been forgotten about and here we are 2 weeks to go
                Because neither are Golovkin who usually has at least a couple threads or pieces on him. The powers that be do not seem to like Al Haymon and his fighters usually do get the bad press or even worse, no press. Spence is a straight up beast. He is going to Brook's backyard, and already knows he needs a ko to get a win. And he doesn't even care.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  My favorite fight of the month. Been waiting on this all year. Cant wait!
                  I agree. I'm excited about this one I hope it lives up to the hype and then some!!

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    Yes but a fighter's timing is dictated by what? How well he processes what's going on in front of him.

I've seen over 10 fights from Brook. He's very patient and sets everything up slowly over the course of rounds. Even when he gets the rythm of the other fighter he takes his time.

That's going to be tough to do in this fight. It worked against Shawn due to Shawn's size and poor technical discipline. Spence is a presser fighter with much better footwork and ring IQ. He'll speed Brook up a lot in this fight.

Barring some unknown chin issue, he stops Brook imo due to volume of punches and pace.

Spot on! Spence will push the pace of the fight and have Kell on the back foot.. If Kell can't overcome the pressure from Spence, I see a late round stoppage..
                    Last edited by CowboyJ; 05-15-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      Making excuses for the foreigner already.
                      FYI I like Spencer for this fight but it won't be easy for either guy

Comment

Working...
                      X