No announcement yet.

GGG - straight up and down, no special effects, basic fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
    You're making my point. So the question is why then is 3G, a guy that is not even levels above Provo as you're saying here, is asked to fight Andre SOG Ward p4p #2 at 178?
    ruslan could do it, golovkin should have too

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      Floyd without his reflexes would still be a pretty damn good fighter. We've seen him without them for the last 5 years or so. Even without reflexes, Floyd was a master boxer. That's why he's great afterall. There's been numerous boxers with great reflexes that have never sniffed Floyd's success.
      Even in his decline his reflex's were cat like..thats his gift

Comment

37-0!!!!!!!

Comment

How is he basic? Hes got layers to his game. Anyone who says he is doesnt know **** about boxing, jacobs is also just very good and has gotten better over the years. When you put 2 of the best guys in the ring together its gonna be competitive most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
            Was Floyd right? Because that's what he looked like last night.

Basic, no head movement, straight up and down basic fighter.
            of course he is right

GGG is a very good fighter

technically sound, doesnt do anything great...he is good at cutting off the ring but he has trouble punching WITH his opponents and often wait their combinations out.

do I feel like Im watching someone SPECIAL...NO

Jones, whitaker, Pep, Wilfredo Gomez, Ray Leonard, Mayweather were special....they also proved it vs the best of their respective era's

With GGG i just always saw a very good fighter, knocking out decent fighters but no elite fighters....not a special fighter knocking out good competition...BIG DIFFERENCE

GGG is not on that level....he is more of the kelly Pavlik, Taylor, Martinez level....not Hagler, Monzon, or Grebs level.

Comment

Originally posted by larry GGG View Post
              Thats like saying Floyd without his reflex's would be basic
              No, because Floyd has more attributes than reflex so that does not apply.

Comment

Originally posted by larry GGG View Post
                Even in his decline his reflex's were cat like..thats his gift
                Eh. I've watched every Floyd fight. His last 4 or 5 fights starting with Mosely, they were virtually gone. Not sharp, very imprecise. He started fighting much more out of the high guard, using distance and timing. It's the reason he's still standing and RJJ is RJJ.

Comment

Then why wont floyd fight him? Simple, right? If he is not special, why not fight him? Hehe. At 154, the weight he fought Cotto at.

Comment

A typical post big fight thread on NSB...

Come June, when he knocks BJS out, Golovkin will be the GOAT to some and a bum to others again.

Ya'll make me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      ruslan could do it, golovkin should have too
                      In other words you just cherrypick whichever suits your agenda. I see.

Comment

Working...
                      X