Tell me your blood pressure and heart rate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On meds or off meds?

Comment

Maybe you have "white coat hyper-tension". I realized today that this is why my blood pressure was a bit higher than it should be (high normal). I had to see my Dr today and he was behind schedule so I was forced to wait an hour which had a calming effect on me. I wasn't expecting him to take my blood pressure which always raises as soon as he puts on the cuff...I can feel it happening especially once he starts pumping. But today I was feeling so calm and relaxed and he put on the cuff so fast out of nowhere that I knew it would be a better score and sure enough...120/80 bang on perfect. A lot of people get white coat hyper tension and they say blood pressure meds are often needlessly prescribed and recommend buying a blood pressure monitor so that people with high readings can relax at home and see if meds are really needed or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
        I really do. The Jazz cabbage has destroyed my life.
        At my local pizza joint its called serbian salad

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          On meds or off meds?
          I've never been on blood pressure medicine

Comment

Don't remember my blood pressure, but was told it was healthy/normal a few years ago.

Heart rate is id 60's to low 70's. been as low as 58 after a few months of more intense cardio and as high as 85 after taking almost a year off from activity after injury.

Comment

Working...
            X