Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Beating Thurman Will Make Me The Face of Boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years ago a fight like this would be on PPV and Garcia would have a chance to really make that claim. Now it would be a great win but the mainstream media still won't care.
    If Danny gets by Thurman, and i don't think he will, and fought the Brook/Spence winner and then maybe Pacquiao then he would have a claim like that.

Comment

Well if he pulls this one off I will admit I was wrong about him and it does give him legit claim as the face of the division. However I dont see it happening Danny has not looked great since moving up and I think Thurman is simply better than him. Hoping for the KO

Comment

No ONE ACTIVELY IN BOXING will have a better win than the winner of this fight. That's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
          I don't see Danny becoming the face of anything to be frank.

The moment I saw that Danny was not interested in being one of Mayweather's remaining Showtime opponents, I just knew his ambition wasn't at P4P/ATG levels.

I don't care how young you are, how low down on the food chain you are, how little charisma you have, if the opportunity to topple the current king and P4P No 1 arises, you grab that **** with both hands, then and there. What you don't do is say "If it happens, it happens" or **** like that.

Danny's passivity totally let me down, long before his level of competition, or inability to control his father and career did.
          Very well said.

Comment

The face? Nah

But one of the faces is a fair argument.

If he hypothetically won though, he couldn't go on another cherry picking run if he wants to become a star.

Comment

No Danny, beating Thurman will not make you the face of boxing not as long as your father is taking center stage. Ordinary human beings find him to be repulsive and besides you seem to be a bit of a dim bulb. Even if you had the talent you lack smarts and charisma. You are a good boxer, the face of boxing, nyet, nie, nunca, never.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                No ONE ACTIVELY IN BOXING will have a better win than the winner of this fight. That's a fact.
                I don't agree bro,Ward over Kov..That's a big win brother..

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                  No Danny, beating Thurman will not make you the face of boxing not as long as your father is taking center stage. Ordinary human beings find him to be repulsive and besides you seem to be a bit of a dim bulb. Even if you had the talent you lack smarts and charisma. You are a good boxer, the face of boxing, nyet, nie, nunca, never.
                  Yep, because we've learned that both Mayweather and Pacquiao are geniuses.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    WBC welterweight champion Danny Garcia (33-0, 19 KOs) believes a win over WBA champion Keith Thurman (27-0, 22 KOs) is the final piece of the puzzle in becoming the next superstar of the sport. Garcia and Thurman will collide on March 4th from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. CBS will televised the fight.
                    [Click Here To Read More]
                    LMAO, you won't beat Thurman and if you did, you would still be a chump daddy's boy who would get worked over by Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      I don't agree bro,Ward over Kov..That's a big win brother..
                      ****, that is a pretty damn good win OK ok one of the top two wins in boxing lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X