Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lemieux: It Was Early Stoppage, I'll See Golovkin Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lemieux: It Was Early Stoppage, I'll See Golovkin Again

New York City, N.Y. - It was not Hagler-Hearns. Not even Bradley-Provodnikov.

It was Gennady Golovkin doing what he does best: Neutralizing his opponent's offense and eventually breaking his opponent down.

It happened again late Saturday night at Madison Square Garden, the home away from home for Golovkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The Truth

The things minority fighters need to do need to make money. Floyd needed to always fight bigger guy but that wasn't enough. Pacquiao too. Holyfield too. R. Jones too. L. Armstrong too. Sugar Ray too. And many more through out the years. But GGG gets praised cause he wants to fight smaller opponents. Waiting for the winner of two smaller fighters a division bellow him. Begging for Floyd that's 2 division bellow him. Why not be like the great minority and move up......

Comment

Lemieux needs to go face someone a bit more in his ability before entertaining this idea again. Maybe a Geale or a Quillin / Jacobs winner

Comment

Originally posted by dmlarge View Post
        The things minority fighters need to do need to make money. Floyd needed to always fight bigger guy but that wasn't enough. Pacquiao too. Holyfield too. R. Jones too. L. Armstrong too. Sugar Ray too. And many more through out the years. But GGG gets praised cause he wants to fight smaller opponents. Waiting for the winner of two smaller fighters a division bellow him. Begging for Floyd that's 2 division bellow him. Why not be like the great minority and move up......
        He's the mandatory of cotto-canelo. If he beats the winner of cotto-canelo,he wins the wbc strap,and the lineal title. Quit b*ching about him moving up,and just wait until he unifies 160. After that,he'll keep running through people at 168,and you'll probably complain about how he needs to move up to 175.

Comment

If you see him again David, make sure you come prepared next time....lol.

Comment

You'll see GGG again at the post fight presser & thats about it after that dog**** performance.

I was thinking/hoping Lemieux was gonna take some risks in there & make it at least a lil interesting. I thought he knew he needed to take some risks. He seemed to think this was a old timey 25 round fight or some such **** & was giving the first 25% of the rounds away to setup GGG late or something. Huge letdown by Lemieux & he was outclassed as expected (I honestly didn't expect him to be THIS outclassed).

He should hope the Canelo/Cotto loser wants to beat his ass sometime next year. Or maybe he can try reversing that Rubio L. He won't be fighting GGG again & rightfully so. If Manny & Floyd owe fans $50 each than Lemieux needs to at least pay everyone a $5-$10 refund for his non-performance.

Comment

Not now, not ever will Lem be on GGG's level and no one with any sense would be calling for a rematch at any point in time. GGG made Lem look like an amateur and GGG did anything he wanted. Exactly which "explosive" round did Lem have that wets anyone's appetite for a rematch?????? Let me answer that: NONE. It was an epic mismatch in the ring.

Comment

I understand Lemieux's point of view...I thought it was a quick stoppage, BUT how does he explain the lack of competitive edge he had?

David always has a puncher's chance, but when is the last time he stopped someone (aside from Rosado) after the 8th round? If GGG's jab prevented him from what he wanted to do,would he have been happy suffering a loss on the cards (provided and ASSUMING he was able to survive the distance)?

Lemieux just ended up fighting like most opponents, when he needed to just go "balls out" and make magic happen instead of being at the end of Golovkin's jab- which is easier said than done.I'm not even sure they believed the jab would be a factor before the fight.

Comment

GGG did what I figured he would do. Didn't expect him to fight so smart though. I think Lemiuex still has options out there. I'd like to see him against the Lee/SaunderS and/or Quillen/Jacobs winners.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                    He's the mandatory of cotto-canelo. If he beats the winner of cotto-canelo,he wins the wbc strap,and the lineal title. Quit b*ching about him moving up,and just wait until he unifies 160. After that,he'll keep running through people at 168,and you'll probably complain about how he needs to move up to 175.
                    At best Lemieux is a c level fighter. Little g has yet to fight a b level fighter

Comment

Working...
                    X