No announcement yet.

Best Single Punch in Boxing History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Single Punch in Boxing History?

Who's single Sunday Punch was the pound for pound most devastating weapon in boxing history? Robinson's left hook? Foreman's right uppercut? Hearns' straight right? Those were the first three that jumped to mind, but I'm curious.

end thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      Who's single Sunday Punch was the pound for pound most devastating weapon in boxing history? Robinson's left hook? Foreman's right uppercut? Hearns' straight right? Those were the first three that jumped to mind, but I'm curious.

julian jackson hit guys like he had rocks for gloves
      i've never seen a harder puncher p4p

there have been plenty of men who, with craft, have produced a more effective offensive game, but i've never seen a harder hitter.

i'd have to say that robinson's hook is the most potent/effective offensive weapon of the given fighters (solid picks)
      he was the most well rounded of the three men, and could take a great shot if he boned one of his hooks (bound to happen against top tier comp with the hook)

Comment

Bob Fitzsimmons; Solar Plexus punch.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post

end thread.
          How about Bob Fosters left hook?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            How about Bob Fosters left hook?

I am a GIGANTIC Bobby Foster fan, i have a few things autographed by him. But Bob Foster has a top 5 left hook of all time. I think i would put only Frazier and SRR above him. But the way Robinson took out Rock Jawed Fullmer going backwards. He just straight out flattened him. Count to 20 if you want ref.

Good mention though.

Comment

That Robinson left hook might have even dazed Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                That Robinson left hook might have even dazed Hagler.
                The SRR hook against Fullmer was one of those moments when you think what's the point in continuing watching boxing I'm never going to see anything that good again!
                The Rocks ko of Walcott in their 1st fight had a savage beauty to it too

Comment

Hearns vs Duran is up there.

I also Like Jones Jr vs Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Hearns vs Duran is up there.

I also Like Jones Jr vs Hill.
                    I love that right to the body by Jones that stopped Hill, just a perfectly placed and brutal power shot!

Comment

Working...
                    X