Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys seem to be putting quite a bit on your plate
    Personally I think the system works well , pretty straight forward
    Pick the fighter , dec ko or draw , and finally early mid or late
    I just find by changing this will bring the boys a lot of work and soon no fun for the boys and players who will be *****ing about the 1.25 and blah blah blah
    I’d say a bonus for gent who picks the fight perfect ( to my opinion that will separate the fans and the casuals )
    And I’m fine with the multipliers

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I am just a boxing fan who likes to watch good fighters and good fights. I don't understand the purpose the pick em or what it is good for or what it will accomplish. Good luck with it. Others seem to enjoy it.
      Its just a fun lil game & kinda a annual event now.

And randomly respect to Rocky with his 1st last year & his 2nd this year. That's a consistent f#cking run right there.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        In a perfect world, this would be awesome.

My question is, what kind of load would it put on the guys doing the actual tabulations?
        That is my main concern with it to. Adds to the work of the volunteer, but if we're talking ideas I've always felt its the biggest hole in the game.

Picking upsets aren't rewarded to their likliness to happen making underdog picks always a bad bet in this game.

Comment

Here's a wrinkle I thought of that might spice things up a bit. When a guy runs out of multipliers, ONCE AND ONLY ONCE he (or she) should be able to wager some of the points they have accumulated, up to say 150 or 200 points. They must have a perfect pick to win the points. If so, they get what they wagered on top of what would be added. If they lose, the points get deducted.
          Thats an interesting idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Thats an interesting idea.
            Again, if it is too much work, to hell with it.

But, it would be absolutely brutal the last month of the year.

Fun to watch even if you aren't directly in the running.

Being able to wager 200 points would have had the whole top 10 in play the last few weeks.

Comment

Again, if it is too much work, to hell with it.

But, it would be absolutely brutal the last month of the year.

Fun to watch even if you aren't directly in the running.

Being able to wager 200 points would have had the whole top 10 in play the last few weeks.
              Interesting... if it was a once off (per player) it shouldn't be too much extra work and would definitely add some excitement specially towards the end of the year.

I nearly did a random airdrop of 2 x2s and a x3 back in November to mix things up a bit for the end of the year, but I thought I might be a bit unfair on the few guys who'd saved their mults.

Comment

And on a more general note all I'm asking for right now is ideas and opinions - the concern a lot of you are showing for the workload is kind, but believe me I ain't looking to take on too much - in fact that ish would be counterproductive.

Thing is if we get all the ideas we can then we can work out the way to strike the best balance between adding stuff in and workload later, honestly if I think something gonna be too much work I'll just say so or come up with a simpler way of achieving similar results.

Comment

I think participation was an issue last time. I don't have any ideas on how to fix it unless there's a way people can sign up for a group reminder and everyone gets their name tagged a couple days before the event.

Comment

The only thing that bothers me is this, I'll give an example:

Ioka vs Nietes was a very close fight that could have went either way, split decision win for Nietes. Now I voted for a close decision win for Ioka and I get no points while someone who thought Nietes would destroy Ioka in the 1st round would get points. I actually predicted the fight more accurately but I just picked the wrong winner but I won't have any points while he does.

I don't know how you can fix this problem but it just seems off to me.

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
                      NSB PICK EM 2019 DISCUSSION THREAD

A second idea revolves around finding room for an extra DEC pick -currently the DEC results are CLOSE (<12 pts) and WIDE (12+ pts) with technically a DRAW counting as a separate type of pick. My proposal is to have a SPLIT (or some similar name) result to indicate a very close fight (though it doesn't necessarily have to be a split decision) with a winning margin of <6 pts, a CLEAR (or somesuch) pick of < 18 pts and a WIDE or DOMINANT result of 18+ points separating the fighters. Not only does this broaden the range of possibilities, again differentiating between the players more it also opens up the possibility of removing the somewhat random 'DRAW' pick we currently have and incorporating DRAW results into the SPLIT pick for either fighter. ie whichever winner you pick for a SPLIT win, a draw will also grant you the points (or possibly just the points for predicting a DEC result).

Finally I would like any input on which fights players would like to see and how many. Did we get the balance about right last year? Were there too many fights? Too few? Would you have preferred lower ranked fights if it meant having a less clear and obvious favourite? Any suggestions and recommendations will help us to decide what fights to include over the course of the year.

Sticky me please -MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded
                      The Split, Clear and Wide decision pick idea is great. I fully support that one. Because wide and close is too broad tbh. If I think of a clear win I think of about 116-112 on all cards, wide from 118-110 to 120-108 on the cards, close more like 115-113 or a Draw like you suggested.

And yes I prefer having also lower ranked fights if it meant having a less clear and obvious favourite. That makes the game way more fun, and real boxing fans should know these fighters anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X