Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Usyk Could Face Takam, Winner or Loser of Whyte-Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Throwingbombs View Post
    Bodysnatcher by brutal knockout. Too big, too powerful for smaller fighters like Wilder, Usyk etc.
    Usyk same height as Whyte and only 10 pounds lighter. Usyk walks at 225 pounds right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
      I prefer they give him a tall heavyweight like duhaupas,Washington or even freaking molina
      LOL !!!! Duhaupas only 2 inches taller and Molina just an inch taller. Dont make Usyk smaller than he is. He is 6´3 and weighs 225 pounds right now.

Comment

Don't see the point in him fighting Takam.

If he needs to get used to the division in terms of looking at fighting the champions, then put him in with a taller opponent. Whyte wouldn't be too bad, he's 6'4" but still similar height to Usyk.

If the first fight doesn't need to be anyone that good, maybe someone like Helenius who is big and tall and not a bad fighter when he's in fighting shape.

Then again, we might all be overestimating the size differences. Obviously Fury is one thing but most heavyweights are about 6'5" or under, Usyk is 6'3". Not a great deal of difference in height. AJ is only a couple of inches taller than Usyk.
        Last edited by EasternEuroFan; 12-21-2018, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
          I like Washington as the step up to HW fight. He is not a world beater, but is a legit HW and should give Usyk a fighter he can beat so long as he is serious, and a full training camp to get above 200 to see how what his body reacts.

Takem or Chisora for fight #2 would be legit. Than, a Whyte, Parker or Ortiz (I think Wilder/Joshua/Tyson Fury will be wrapped up for a while). By fight #3, he is a true HW or he isn't. But I think the first 2 fights need to be set up to give him the chance to rise in weight naturally.
          LOL LOL LOL !!! Usyk weighs 225 pounds right now. And he weighed during training camp last time at 217 pounds. My preferable opponent is Helenius !

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
            Don't see the point in him fighting Takam.

If he needs to get used to the division in terms of looking at fighting the champions, then put him in with a taller opponent. Whyte wouldn't be too bad, he's 6'4" but still similar height to Usyk.

If the first fight doesn't need to be anyone that good, maybe someone like Helenius who is big and tall and not a bad fighter when he's in fighting shape.
            Thats what I am saying. Plus Takam has zero ambition to win at age 38. Chisora also not the best choice but still better than Takam. Usyk would go the distance with a real HW like Chisora. Thats more useful than to stop overwhelmed Takam in mid rounds.

Comment

Usyk is an amazing boxer. But I wouldn’t put money on him in the heavyweight division. Thats a scary bet. These heavyweights of this era are big dudes, and can take a punch.

Love or hate this generations heavyweights. The fact is they are tough and hungry and are waiting for a nice lunch against Usyk, win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Casualfanforyou View Post
                Usyk is an amazing boxer. But I wouldn’t put money on him in the heavyweight division. Thats a scary bet. These heavyweights of this era are big dudes, and can take a punch.

Love or hate this generations heavyweights. The fact is they are tough and hungry and are waiting for a nice lunch against Usyk, win or lose.
                Usyk vs. Joshua/Wilder/Fury are all 50/50 fights but Usyk beats the rest .

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                  LOL LOL LOL !!! Usyk weighs 225 pounds right now. And he weighed during training camp last time at 217 pounds. My preferable opponent is Helenius !
                  That may be true. And honestly, I only know what I read so I do not mean to try to sound smarter than I am. (OK, I do mean it. I just don't expect anyone to actually buy it.) But from what I understand training for a fight when he is aiming for under 200 for a CW division fight is not the same as training to fight at 220 or so. Walking around weight is just not fighting weight.

He needs a training camp where he is shooting for the 220-230 pound fighting level and see how his body reacts. By the way, Helenius is fine. I just think an easier touch at HW to start with is the best for his health. He has 3-4 good years in him so long as this is done correctly. What is the hurry?

Comment

That may be true. And honestly, I only know what I read so I do not mean to try to sound smarter than I am. (OK, I do mean it. I just don't expect anyone to actually buy it.) But from what I understand training for a fight when he is aiming for under 200 for a CW division fight is not the same as training to fight at 220 or so. Walking around weight is just not fighting weight.

He needs a training camp where he is shooting for the 220-230 pound fighting level and see how his body reacts. By the way, Helenius is fine. I just think an easier touch at HW to start with is the best for his health. He has 3-4 good years in him so long as this is done correctly. What is the hurry?
                    These are facts my friend. I saw recent Usyk Interviews in Ukrainian TV and he claimed that he weighs 225 pounds right now and suspect his fighting weight will be between 215 - 220 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                      These are facts my friend. I saw recent Usyk Interviews in Ukrainian TV and he claimed that he weighs 225 pounds right now and suspect his fighting weight will be between 215 - 220 pounds.
                      From what I've seen of Usyk training and preparing for fights, it's clear he makes 200lbs by restricting his calorie intake during camp. I'm not saying he starves himself, but if a fighter denies himself "extra" calories while training hard 3 times per day - which Usyk does - he will lose weight naturally during the course of the camp.

So all Usyk needs to do at HW is eat as much good, healthy food as he feels like eating during camp, and come in at his natural weight, which will be fine for a guy with his style of fighting. He isn't going to try to overpower 250lb HWs and push them around the ring - he's going to be using speed, skill and mobility to outbox them.
                      Last edited by kafkod; 12-21-2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X