Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO is Leaving Boxing After 45 Years, Network Announces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes he was Blood & Guts, that’s why his fights were on twice a year for a decade

Comment

• But it was PBC and Showtime that was supposed to go out of business. All the ex promoters, accountants and businessmen told me otherwise on here

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Who knows, tbh. ESPN and DAZN seem like the only real viable suitors, NBC Sports could jump in.

What's pretty clear though, is that Oscar is ****ed; without the stalking horse of the chance of an offer from HBO, Oscar is left negotiating against himself for access at some point for his fighters.

In a similar way to what they've done with Mikey Garcia, I can fathom Showtime mainlining a deal to bring Alvarez back home for his 2 PPVs/3 fights per year (with Alvarez choosing the promoter he wants to stage his fights) but that's it.

Oscar better hope that the money from those Facebook fights adds up; otherwise he's left with hoping that Arum or Hearn give up a piece of their budgets to help him build up his own fighters, lol
        Quit hating fool! Oscar will negotiate a new deal with a different network for all his fighters!
        I know that it eats at you that a Mexican is succeeding while you're still a loser living in your momma's basement but you should know that hating doesn't get you anywhere.
        Now run along boy and stop being a loser your whole life!

Comment

• why are clowns talking about roy jones? He is 1 of the worst boxing play by play guys ever!! yall must of forgot he flat out sucks at it. Roy gets knocked out cold again like tarver and gj did to him lol

Comment

• Talking about the pot calling the kettle black. Remember when Billy Joe Saunders was cutting up on Canelo?

“Middleweight world titleholder Billy Joe Saunders has failed a Voluntary Anti-Doping Association drug test for the banned substance oxilofrine, a stimulant, multiple sources with knowledge of the test results told ESPN on Thursday. Saunders is preparing for an Oct. 20 defense against Demetrius Andrade in Boston but that is likely to be canceled and Saunders is likely to be stripped of his 160-pound world title.”

Comment

• Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
              “Our audience research informs us that boxing is no longer a determinant factor for subscribing to HBO.”

News to me...its the only reason I have HBO. And Showtime. Without boxing, it's just another movie/entertainment channel, and I already have hundreds of those! I can drop HBO now.
              Boxing is one reason I kept HBO, but over the past couple years, the coverage has dropped off considerably. There's no real reason for me to keep HBO anymore.

With that said, I know that we are a miniscule minority. HBO is all about their shows like Insecure and Game of Thrones. Boxing is a relic. I'm surprised they even let lampley have that fight game show.

Comment

• HBO has been declining a lot in terms of boxing events, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Comment

• I hate being nostaligic and even though I think the HBO commentating crew has become the absolute worst in all of current boxing, I still feel kinda bad that HBO is totally gone from boxing, I was hoping for a change for the better but this was what Nelson wanted and it was pretty obvious.

Good bye HBO and thanks for all the great memories, HBO boxing was the best part of my rough childhood.

Comment

• Good riddance

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                      Thats right. IMO Main Events will move to ESPN and there we get brilliant LHW title Unification because of Kovalev,Bivol and Gvozdyk fighting on the same network soon.
                      That presumes that Kova wins the rematch with Alvarez.

Comment

Working...
                      X