Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Got a Few Game Companies Attention About Making a Boxing Videogame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] I Got a Few Game Companies Attention About Making a Boxing Videogame

https://twitter.com/RossSymons/statu...96979392544768

We've thought about it over the years but we honestly do not have boxing expertise in-house here at Big Ant,and I really like to have experts on board in the team before seriously looking at a sport. Happy to chat via email-please email enquiries@bigant.com and I will follow up
    Last edited by POETICDRINK2U; 02-19-2018, 12:38 AM.

Bob arum said Todd duboef is working on it with a company

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
      Bob arum said Todd duboef is working on it with a company
      Same thing I read.

Comment

https://twitter.com/UniqueMazique/st...72742359506945

Comment

Hopefully Bob Arim will include Al Haymon fighters. I doubt it. They will make Lomachenko a 100 overall rating.

Comment

I see one, where are the rest?

Have you seen their IP lineup? I don't think we want Big Ant developing a Boxing game.

https://www.bigant.com/game-list/games-2/

EA Canada made the proprietary engine for Fight Night Champion which has since been used in their MMA series. I recently got back into FNC and the engine is wonky. The game is almost ten years old so we could give it a pass, but honestly even when it released it had tons of problems so I won't give it a pass.

I doubt Unreal, Lumberyard, Cryengine, Frostbite, etc would suffice for a boxing game. Boxing is a very unique art so a dev studio is going to need to make their own engine. Gaming engines take 3+ years to develop which costs a lot of money. Once the engine is done, add another 3+ years for development.

The profit margins are so low that it's not exactly profitable for a studio to make a boxing game. If they did, it would need to be scalable with future contracts in place for a studio to take a chance spending millions upon millions for a game that will sell ~3 million copies.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post
              I see one, where are the rest?

Have you seen their IP lineup? I don't think we want Big Ant developing a Boxing game.

https://www.bigant.com/game-list/games-2/

EA Canada made the proprietary engine for Fight Night Champion which has since been used in their MMA series. I recently got back into FNC and the engine is wonky. The game is almost ten years old so we could give it a pass, but honestly even when it released it had tons of problems so I won't give it a pass.

I doubt Unreal, Lumberyard, Cryengine, Frostbite, etc would suffice for a boxing game. Boxing is a very unique art so a dev studio is going to need to make their own engine. Gaming engines take 3+ years to develop which costs a lot of money. Once the engine is done, add another 3+ years for development.

The profit margins are so low that it's not exactly profitable for a studio to make a boxing game. If they did, it would need to be scalable with future contracts in place for a studio to take a chance spending millions upon millions for a game that will sell ~3 million copies.
              Your information is somewhat flawed. I have been actively talking to game companies AAA and Indie. They all agree on two things boxing is easier to do than MMA and technology is evolving quickly so things are easier to do.
              The Indie companies have the resources to make a deep boxing videogame without top stars. This could be a good thing especially if the game play is great and they put out a deep Create A Boxer mode.
              Indie companies are afraid EA will sneak in with a game to under cut them.
              My research has shown that the want for a boxing is very high.

Comment

shame they dont make mike tyson virtual boxing into a console game.

Comment

Originally posted by lightningleeroy View Post
                  shame they dont make mike tyson virtual boxing into a console game.

I was disappointed when I found out this was a gambling game.

Comment

Originally posted by POETICDRINK2U View Post
                    Your information is somewhat flawed. I have been actively talking to game companies AAA and Indie. They all agree on two things boxing is easier to do than MMA and technology is evolving quickly so things are easier to do.
                    The Indie companies have the resources to make a deep boxing videogame without top stars. This could be a good thing especially if the game play is great and they put out a deep Create A Boxer mode.
                    Indie companies are afraid EA will sneak in with a game to under cut them.
                    My research has shown that the want for a boxing is very high.
                    What is flawed?

Which gaming companies?

Which technology is evolving quickly?

What indie companies are afraid of EA?

What research?

I work in the gaming industry and curious to read your answers to my questions.

Comment

Working...
                    X