Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Video) The Truth About Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the awakening that Malcolm X experienced eventually had a profound effect on Ali. Malcolm X saw that the NOI message was wrong and fundamentally flawed and started speaking publicly about it. He was killed because they feared his message would supercede their own. I know Ali had said that after Malcolm was killed that turning his back on him was his greatest regret.

Comment

Read this story in a boxing magazine (The Ring or Boxing Monthly) some time ago, but can’t remember what fight it was. In the 60s, though …

The Chicago mob sent a representative to the Ali camp, demanding that Ali took a dive as huge bets were placed.
      Elijah Muhammad and Nation of Islam’s response were to beat the **** out of the mob courier (he became an invalid). The mob learned it wasn’t worth the trouble challenging the Nation again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
        Tony Ge is a halfwit, but not a regular one. Let's go protest hate with some hate, Tony.
        Look this guy regularly post threads that cast people of color in a poor light or diminishes their status. Its not accidental. There are people on this site that would like to discuss boxing but it gets bogged down in racial overtones. I've never seen anything like this forum for race baiting. Both sides are at fault. Personally I don't like it and I'm going to say so. If that makes me a half wit fine. I'd rather be a half wit than half a man.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          Tony Ge is a halfwit, but not a regular one. Let's go protest hate with some hate, Tony.
          Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Look this guy regularly post threads that cast people of color in a poor light or diminishes their status. Its not accidental. There are people on this site that would like to discuss boxing but it gets bogged down in racial overtones. I've never seen anything like this forum for race baiting. Both sides are at fault. Personally I don't like it and I'm going to say so. If that makes me a half wit fine. I'd rather be a half wit than half a man.
          No more personal attacks here gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
            Early on Ali embraced the Nation of Islam's belief that white men are blue-eyed, blond-headed Devils!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7066301.html

Around the late 70's he embraced orthodox Islam after he did the Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca) and admitted he was wrong on the same Parkinson TV show back in the 80s. Nation of Islam is the black version of the KKK. They have nothing to do with Islam. They're not even considered Muslim by Muslims. In the end Ali followed the real prophet of Islam, Muhammad (PBUH) who said of races:

كلنا من ادم وآدم من تراب
            "We are all from Adam and Adam is from dust".
            you got that right. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
              Read this story in a boxing magazine (The Ring or Boxing Monthly) some time ago, but can’t remember what fight it was. In the 60s, though …

The Chicago mob sent a representative to the Ali camp, demanding that Ali took a dive as huge bets were placed.
              Elijah Muhammad and Nation of Islam’s response were to beat the **** out of the mob courier (he became an invalid). The mob learned it wasn’t worth the trouble challenging the Nation again.
              And you believed it???

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                Early on Ali embraced the Nation of Islam's belief that white men are blue-eyed, blond-headed Devils!

Around the late 70's he embraced orthodox Islam after he did the Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca) and admitted he was wrong on the same Parkinson TV show back in the 80s. Nation of Islam is the black version of the KKK. They have nothing to do with Islam. They're not even considered Muslim by Muslims. In the end Ali followed the real prophet of Islam, Muhammad (PBUH) who said of races:

كلنا من ادم وآدم من تراب
                "We are all from Adam and Adam is from dust".

Are you Muslim??

I only ask because I'm interested In your objectivity......

Comment

When you really delve into the history of the NOI it becomes apparent that it was founded by a white con man, who later claimed he was a light skinned middle easterner, who was a known criminal, grifter and drug dealer. It then goes to Elijah Muhammad who I also believe was a charlatan that only used the NOI to enrich himself. Same goes for his son, Herbert. No better than dirt bags such as Jesse Jackson, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                    When you really delve into the history of the NOI it becomes apparent that it was founded by a white con man, who later claimed he was a light skinned middle easterner, who was a known criminal, grifter and drug dealer. It then goes to Elijah Muhammad who I also believe was a charlatan that only used the NOI to enrich himself. Same goes for his son, Herbert. No better than dirt bags such as Jesse Jackson, etc.
                    What about more recent leaders, like Louis Farrakhan and Khalid Muhammad?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2111 View Post
                      What about more recent leaders, like Louis Farrakhan and Khalid Muhammad?
                      Both of these guys are cut from the same cloth. Purveyors of racial hatred who profit from the misery of the ones they were supposedly meant to 'deliver' from the evil white people. Farrakhan is a millionaire so that alone tells you about his likely motives and intentions.

I've heard Khalid Muhammad's death described as when a man 'chokes to death' upon his own hatred. Personally, I think it's right on the money.

These two charlatans were always proclaiming their intention of lifting up their 'brothers' but you can never uplift anyone on the wings of hatred.

Comment

Working...
                      X