Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Errol Spence Another Shawn Porter-type Hype Job (Algieri = Malignaggi)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not so sure Shawn was just "hype". He has very close fights with two of the top WWs today. In fact, it wouldn't have been outrageous for the judges to have given him a W over Thurman. He, for the most part, dominated Broner.

Is all that supposed to be viewed as some kind of failure? Boxing fans cry about the emphasis put on the '0', but they dismiss a top guy like Porter...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      i don't think Spence is a hypejob

however he is being moved along quickly, maybe a tad green

Brook at this stage in his career was having trilogies with cab drivers such as Ernie Smith (god rest his soul)

People may ask who is Ernie Smith....ES was a lad who fought 161 bouts, had a 1% KO ratio, and lost 142 fights and won only 13

Brook fought this fella 3 times...

People wonder why Brook isnt praised enough, its because he took the easy route for most of is career, while others took on dangerous fights over and over
      LMAOOOOOO This can't be ****ing true, I'm in freaking tears! I have to go to boxrec.

Edit: LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Brook fought Ernie Smith two times in a row. By the second time he fought him Smith had lost 12 Fucking Times Since their last bout!
      Last edited by SkillspayBills; 03-25-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Sr is spot on

I like Porter, he seems like a humble guy and he's not scared to fight anyone.

But as far as a boxer, i don't rate him particularly high. I'm not a fan of the bulldozer style.

I was watching Spence fight on YT the other day, there is no way anyone can compare his style to Porter...

Spence shows his ring IQ, there is a method behind the madness

He throws some beautifully timed shots, but we still don't know if he can take a shot and Brook has the power to hurt you....
        Spence has a good night's sleep in both hands.

Can Brook take that???

Errol won't be the only one taking punches.

Comment

Working...
        X