Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who saw Canelo vs. Trout, how decisive was it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout is a very under rated boxer. Never been stopped, unlike Marg or PAC.
    Respect given.
    Last edited by Zaroku; 05-01-2016, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      The scorecards were filled out before the fight started...it was closer to a draw than what they scored it... And open scoring is fking ridiculous
      Close thread

Comment

Trout won that fight pretty clearly. One knockdown doesn't change the fact that Trout outboxed him in almost every round. Canelo was hitting air.

Comment

Trout did not win the fight. It was close but clear in Canelo's favor. Canelo landed the cleaner punches and showed better defense. However, there were rounds where Trout outworked him which made the fight close.

The knockdown was huge.
          Open scoring ruined the fight. Canelo knew he was ahead so he didn't do as much as he could have since the fight was in the bag.
          The scorecards were too wide. As a result, there is more outcry than warranted. If the judges cards were closer but in Canelo's favor, fans wouldn't complain nearly as much.

This fight was not bad at all but the open scoring sapped the drama from it and likely ruined a better ending. I wouldn't mind a rematch if Trout is able to put himself back in position with a title win. However, I think Canelo would be dominant if they met again.

Comment

It was an easy fight for Canelo. It looked like he wasn't even trying in there and still easily had control of the fight. Not to mention he made trout do the stanky leg.

Comment

Just depends what you like, jabs versus power shots. I thought Canelo looked like a boss in there, ducking and dodging and making him pay. Trout didn't do much of anything. It was as competitive as any other 8-4 type of fight.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                It was an easy fight for Canelo. It looked like he wasn't even trying in there and still easily had control of the fight. Not to mention he made trout do the stanky leg.
                That's what I saw as well, Canelo had an easy time. I wish I can use the goggles of people who say Trout got robbed or the fight was close. Seeing the fight through my eyes I saw a young man with no amateur background make Trout look like the amateur.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Just depends what you like, jabs versus power shots. I thought Canelo looked like a boss in there, ducking and dodging and making him pay. Trout didn't do much of anything. It was as competitive as any other 8-4 type of fight.
                  Anybody other than Canelo and people would have no problem with the decision.

Because it was Canelo, fighting in Texas and the scores were wider than expected, sone people like to act like it was a robbery.

The right man won, and he looked in control the whole time.

Comment

Trout himself said he lost that fight...

Comment

It was a very clear win. Yes, one of the scorecards was off, but there was only one winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X