No announcement yet.

KOvalev: "Adonis Stevenson Paper champ"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
    Stevenson vs. Kovalev is the stupidest topic in boxing history. I'm tired of following it. Look at the sequence of events.

1. Stevenson beats Dawson wins fighter of the year
    2. Kovalev kills Cleverly and this fight seems to be next
    3. They fight on the same card to set up the fight
    4. Stevenson runs to Haymon, thus blocking the fight
    5. Stevenson ducks Hopkins and Pascal and becomes a flat out joke
    6. Kovalev destroys Hopkins and is now considered the best
    7. Duva requests a purse bid to force the Stevenson fight
    8. Duva backs out of the purse bid because she doesn't have enough money to win it
    9. Duva makes a rematch of a mismatch that nobody wants to see
    10. Stevenson fights bum after bum

How do these guys still have fans? Everybody should boycott all of their fights until they fight each other.
    lol a very tacky situation!!!!!

Comment

Stevenson vs. Kovalev is the stupidest topic in boxing history. I'm tired of following it. Look at the sequence of events.

1. Stevenson beats Dawson wins fighter of the year
      2. Kovalev kills Cleverly and this fight seems to be next
      3. They fight on the same card to set up the fight
      4. Stevenson runs to Haymon, thus blocking the fight
      5. Stevenson ducks Hopkins and Pascal and becomes a flat out joke
      6. Kovalev destroys Hopkins and is now considered the best
      7. Duva requests a purse bid to force the Stevenson fight
      8. Duva backs out of the purse bid because she doesn't have enough money to win it
      9. Duva makes a rematch of a mismatch that nobody wants to see
      10. Stevenson fights bum after bum

How do these guys still have fans? Everybody should boycott all of their fights until they fight each other.
      i would kind of agree with you if stevenson hadnt ducked pascal and hopkins and the 2 of them (kovalev & stevension) were the only ones left

but it's not the case... stevenson is barely clinging to relevance over there, to the point that kovalev doesnt need him anymore

ward-kovalev has more buzz around it now and seems more inevitable

the pascal rematch, wtf?? im with you there, no idea why its necessary, I guess it's just more profitable then a generic warmup fight

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
        lol a very tacky situation!!!!!
        It's so stupid bruh. This is a $5 million fight at most. I can understand a $500 million fight like May/Pac being heavily negotiated but if $2-5 million fights can't be made anymore this sport is done. We might as well just have network champions and just keep everything separate.

Comment

It's so stupid bruh. This is a $5 million fight at most. I can understand a $500 million fight like May/Pac being heavily negotiated but if $2-5 million fights can't be made anymore this sport is done. We might as well just have network champions and just keep everything separate.
          Isnt that what we have now.

Comment

If Duva wasn't such a f.agot and concerned herself with getting her fighter the most $ then we'd have a chance to see if Adonis was a paper champ or not.

But it seems to me that Main Events just tore a page out of the TR Manny playbook and just claim that so and so fighter is scared and a majority of the fans eat it up, while Kov has a worse Resume ,made less $ , is fighting a rematch that no one cares about, and draws enough fans to barely fill a community centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              Isnt that what we have now.
              Almost. Wouldn't be surprised to see PBC belts and HBO belts at some point.

Comment

This is about the most boring & who gives a f#ck "rivalry" in boxing today. Fight or stfu about each other. HBO, PBC, Kathy Duva & Yvon Michel should be the ones talking to each other not the fighters on twitter.

Comment

Almost. Wouldn't be surprised to see PBC belts and HBO belts at some point.
                  I think if HBO was gonna create a title they'd have done it already. I think HBO is closer to being out of the boxing business than they are to creating a title. I wouldn't be surprised to see HBO reduced to TruTV shows & the random PPV within the next 5-10 years.

I think PBC is likely to create a belt, but I think they need to sign up a lot more elite level guys before they do otherwise it'll garner lil respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    Didnt think it was that bad of a response from Adonis.

They ducked eachother so....
                    kovalev killed a guy, it was a terrible response.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                      i would kind of agree with you if stevenson hadnt ducked pascal and hopkins and the 2 of them (kovalev & stevension) were the only ones left

but it's not the case... stevenson is barely clinging to relevance over there, to the point that kovalev doesnt need him anymore

ward-kovalev has more buzz around it now and seems more inevitable

the pascal rematch, wtf?? im with you there, no idea why its necessary, I guess it's just more profitable then a generic warmup fight
                      because just like stevenson kovalev has no one left to fight so they have to make a pascal fight seem like anything

Comment

Working...
                      X