Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put the blame on manny,Arum,floyd.I'm sure oscar didnt tell floyd
    to not fight manny.

Comment

• No, I feel Arum carries most of the fault. But Marquez cleared all doubts and justified Arum by showing why they were never in the same class.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        For the confused that dont know...:WORD:

$80 million in two fights.

Those $40 mill+ PPV upside are looking nice for Pacquiao right now. Too bad he'd be lucky to even get $10 million from Mayweather now.

Comment

• I blame greedy promoters with vendettas for the fight not happening and the reason why so many other fights haven't happened. Its a shame and makes the UFC look like a well run organization.

But, blame should be placed on the fighters as well for not stepping over their promoters and doing all they can to make the fight happen.
          Last edited by p4p-champ; 01-22-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Very much so, but who thought Manny was gonna get laid out like that..?

He should have just taken the offer with everything he wanted in 2009. We can all speculate why he chose not to, but in the end it makes no difference. We get no fight.

As for Floyd, Im dissapointed that he didnt do more to make the fight. Pretty much the whole time he kind of seemed like he didnt give a **** about it. Sorta had the attitude that if Manny actually wants the fight they will do something to make it happen and, well, we all know how this story ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              Yes to if that fight ever happens it won't be the same, we wanted 2 unstoppable forces in the ring, Number 1 P4P and Number 2...Pac is not even top 5 anymore on most list.
              I will still watch the fight but to me it went from one of the biggest fights ever to basically if it happens now I dont think i will get anymore excited over it than any other Mayweather PPV

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I never fought FOR the fight, I argued about how much of a mismatch it would be, 5 years ago, 3 years ago, now, always a mismatch.

Nope, I don't feel let down. I am happy that JMM got the credit for beating Pacquiao and ending his reign. He deserved the win over the false FOTD, more than Mayweather. Besides Marquez ended the fight in a way that Mayweather probably wouldn't have. Mayweather would have taken Pacquiao back to finish Elementary School for 12 rounds, where Pacquiao last left it. Marquez finished it in 6 rounds.

I repeat, I am happy how things ended and that it was Marquez who got the win over Pacquiao.

Comment

• Yes. We were robbed of ever witnessing the biggest boxing PPV event of all time.

Comment

• I mean, just look back on Boxingscene, there are HUNDREDS of Threads if not Thousands debating who would win the fight.

I also put blame on Mayweather because after awhile I would have dropped Blood Testing and gave 50/50 just to try to secure the fight.

I blame Arum for not wanting to fight outside of Toprank.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                      Maybe add Arum and Goldenboy to the mix, I mean after all for 3 strong years Floyd fans and Manny fans dueled it out over the bout, just for Pacquiao to end up laid out.

This fight was the best that boxing had to offer and now it's ruined. And it's all because of greed and ego.
                      Pac hasnt let anyone down apart from me for losing to JMM when he shouldnt have. He should have realized he wasnt superman and cant be so reckless just cos he didnt think JMM could ko him.

FLoyd has let people down, not pac, as Pac has fought regularly and the toughest competion of any boxer of recent times. Even tougher than the super 6 tournament fighters, as Pac has been fighting regularly year after year. The super 6 just fought in a short space of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X