Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lorenzo Fertitta: Who Wants Bones Vs Silva?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
    220?

You can't be serious. Anderson is not going to cut then rehydrate 35 pounds over night. That's STUPID. That's not even possible.

Anderson would probably have a 10-15 pound weight advantage on fight night. That said, though... I don't blame GSP for not wanting to fight Anderson. He has plenty to do at 170... Jon Fitch again, Thiago Alves again, Shields, Nick Diaz, Carlos Condit. (Martin Kampmann would be up there if he had gotten the nod he deserved in the last two).
    Originally posted by M Deezy View Post
    hahaha u truly think silva hydrating from 185 to 220 in overnight? lol
    It's not that hard, in wrestling I used to put on 10 or 15 lbs in a matter of hours after making weight. At the Silva vs Irvin press conference Silva said he usually walks around at 220/225.....

Comment

The weight you walk around at is different to the weight you fight at though.

Is Silva-GSP not happening then?

Comment

^^^^^
        Yup.

I highly doubt you had an easy fifteen pound cut unless you were in your early teens... or fat.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
          Go away, bandwagoner.
          bandwagoner ok...........

I don't even like Jones. But FYI, I've known Jones was gonna be a champ ever since the Bonnar fight.

Comment

Jones is a big problem for Silva. If Silva can't keep Jones from taking him down then Jones will win easy.

After thinking about it, I still believe GSP is an overall better fighter than Silva but I do believe that Silva might just be too big and I believe that would be the reason he would beat GSP. If both were in the same division naturally I believe GSP beats Silva with rather ease.

Besides they really wouldn't be giving GSP enough time to move up properly. I say GSP should take at least a year to move up and fighter other 185 fighter before stepping in with Silva. That would be the only way to make it fair. We are talking about a 15 lb jump in weight. That's not as easy as say 5 pounds.

Comment

I want Silva. He owes me that much.

Comment

I'll tell you who doesn't want it. His name is Anderson Silva. He's made it clear in several recent interview that he has no intention of moving up to 205. I guess unless he's getting tailor made opponents he's not moving up to fight anybody.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/23/20...t-at-205-again

And people say GSP is scared. At least GSP is open about fighting once he gains some weight. Anderson's like "nope, no thanks"

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
                  I'll tell you who doesn't want it. His name is Anderson Silva. He's made it clear in several recent interview that he has no intention of moving up to 205. I guess unless he's getting tailor made opponents he's not moving up to fight anybody.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/23/20...t-at-205-again

And people say GSP is scared. At least GSP is open about fighting once he gains some weight. Anderson's like "nope, no thanks"
                  Since when are fighters required to move up in weight? This isnt boxing either with only a couple pounds between divisions we're talking about 20lbs. You sound like an uneducated dick.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                    Since when are fighters required to move up in weight? This isnt boxing either with only a couple pounds between divisions we're talking about 20lbs. You sound like an uneducated dick.
                    Anderson walks around (according to him) at 225-230lbs. It's hardly a drastic cut. If anything it would probably be an easier cut.

I just find it to be a huge double standard that GSP is a coward for not moving up to MW because they think he's some gigantic WW, but give Anderson a free pass to duck top fighters at LHW in which he can clearly make the weight and be competitive.

The reality is this:

GSP says he'll move up when he gains the weight, he's never completely dismissed a superfight with Anderson.

But when Anderson is asked about a superfight with Jon Jones, he's says straight up that he doesn't want anything to do with 205.

It think it's pretty clear who is the duck here

Comment

My view on it is that a fighter shouldn't have to move up in wieght but

1. It's a shame that BJ Penn and Hendo are the only guys with the stones to have done it consistently.
                      2. Silva was happy to fight at 205 against guys picked to make him look good. So I think some criticism can be offered if he won't do so against a real challenge.

Neither Anderson or GSP have any real challenges left in their division. It's understandable that fans want them to test themselves and take risks rather than face people that everyone expects them to dominate.

Comment

Working...
                      X