Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth training on a bad diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compare Hopkins at 44 compared to Julio Cesar Chavez at 46, or even Aaerola, juan Diaz in their 20's. Bhop takes his diet very seriously and it shows.

I was watching Hard Knocks, and Chad Johnson said he eats mcdonalds 3 times a day, i think 7 times a week. He is lean and his body is ripped. He said it's all excercise, but it's probably genetics. I dont understand how he does this. Im curious to see how his body would look if he ate a healthy diet, or if he's just lying.

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
      Compare Hopkins at 44 compared to Julio Cesar Chavez at 46, or even Aaerola, juan Diaz in their 20's. Bhop takes his diet very seriously and it shows.

I was watching Hard Knocks, and Chad Johnson said he eats mcdonalds 3 times a day, i think 7 times a week. He is lean and his body is ripped. He said it's all excercise, but it's probably genetics. I dont understand how he does this. Im curious to see how his body would look if he ate a healthy diet, or if he's just lying.
      weather or not his body looks diffrent i say he would be less skillful because he wouldnt feel the need to train as hard. i doubt he eats mc donalds but he probably eats alot of junk. i mean if you get aleast 3000cal of good stuff you should be good assuming your burning off everything else. i mean even bagels have 9 g of protein ice cream has protein, twinkies probably even have protein. i bet mc donalads has alot of protein it would probably be quite easy eating at mc donalads and eating your body weight in protein not to mention all the fuel he gets along with it.

Comment

Stupid question! Of course there's still a point in training even if you have a bad diet. It's like asking if there's any point quitting smokes even if you drink too much alcohol. Although you would obviously benefit more from the training by improving your diet at the same time, the training alone will give you numerous benefits. I'll suggest adding some greens to your diet at least, if you can't quit all the junk food straight away

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem View Post
          weather or not his body looks diffrent i say he would be less skillful because he wouldnt feel the need to train as hard. i doubt he eats mc donalds but he probably eats alot of junk. i mean if you get aleast 3000cal of good stuff you should be good assuming your burning off everything else. i mean even bagels have 9 g of protein ice cream has protein, twinkies probably even have protein. i bet mc donalads has alot of protein it would probably be quite easy eating at mc donalads and eating your body weight in protein not to mention all the fuel he gets along with it.
          the cameras showed him eating mcdonalds and he said he ate it 3x a day.

But normally eating that type of food with as much sodium, fat, and bad carbs it has, would make a normal person feel sluggish. Maybe his metabloism is that much better, but Id think he'd be better off eating healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Leakbeak View Post
            Stupid question! Of course there's still a point in training even if you have a bad diet. It's like asking if there's any point quitting smokes even if you drink too much alcohol. Although you would obviously benefit more from the training by improving your diet at the same time, the training alone will give you numerous benefits. I'll suggest adding some greens to your diet at least, if you can't quit all the junk food straight away
            It's not as easy as that Mr.
            When you train you burn calories and your metabolism increases as well.naturally that means a bigger appetite and you gonna be taking the wrong food in again and probably more.The net result is what matters because it appears like you will be putting in what you had taken out.The smoking thing is different because it affects different parts of the body than alcohol.

A normal man needs 1500 calories for his body not to get into starvation mode a day but burns 2000 without excercise.If you eat 1500 cal you gonna lose weight without exercise.If you exercise however you will burn more calories but you will eat more calories as well from your increased appetite so what is not clear is the balance. I've heard some burgers contain more than 3000 calories.This is where my question was and I thought this place having people who actually train I would get advice not insults.

Comment

well its like this you start exerciseig and you have a cliff bar or a bagel before and you go to the gym for an hour and you come home and finish off your day your not that much more hungry. youd have to be running 3 hours straight to get so hungry that your eating just for energy. i mean if your just hitting the gym 4 times a week for like an hour you can control your appatite enough that the increased amount of exercise wont make you that much more hungry. especially if you eat somethign alittle filling alittle while before hand weather it be macdonalds or a peice of fruit.

Comment

Working...
              X